70 Guests, 5 Users

Author Topic: Real Life Dumb A** Stories Here  (Read 312 times)  Share 

Offline Responsible_Angler

• Please give the fish CPR
Real Life Dumb A** Stories Here
« on: November 09, 2017, 02:27:16 PM »
About two years ago I took a day off work because I knew the fish were going to bite like there will be no tomorrow.  Got up at 4:30 AM to be catching fish by 6:00 AM on a local lake about thirty minutes from my house. I get to the lake and unload all the kayak gear, tackle bag, lunch, water, clothing that I might need and a bunch of other stuff.  I'm all excited and ready to do some serious fish catching so I park the truck in the parking lot and reach over for my fishing rods that I left at home leaning up against the garage.  Swearing and talking to myself all the way back home. I'm sure glad my kids weren't with me on that outing.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Real Life Dumb A** Stories Here
« on: November 09, 2017, 02:27:16 PM »

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
Re: Real Life Dumb A** Stories Here
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »
Well, that leaves me out cause I never did a dumb ass thing in my life. ::)
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:32:02 PM »
Actually, that post was not the whole truth. :(  But once I start FM's going to run out of band width. :o
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Online dretallack

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 06:58:10 PM »
I have one similar, but mine was done during pheasant season. It was a nice Saturday, and I convinced the wife to let me go. I loaded up all my gear, and the dog and headed out for the afternoon. The dog and I hunted for 2 hour approx. we covered probably 1.5 miles of field and brush. when we got back to the mini van, I couldn't find my keys. Immediately panic rushed thru my body. Fortunately I had a cell phone, and called my wife immediately. Not to bring the 2nd set of keys, because I was to cheap to get a 2nd set. Seeing how it only came with 1 key when I bought the vehicle. So we found a lock smith that would meet me on a Saturday afternoon. He said it would take him about an hour to get to me, he was coming from another county also. So I loaded the gun and got the dog and we retraced our steps, from the earlier hunt. No luck. I was in the parking lot when the lock smith got there. In frustration, I put my hands on the drivers door and looked down at the ground. When I picked my head up, and looked across the roof. The keys were laying 12" from my eyes. When I got out initially, I laid them there and never pocketed them. Fortunately he  charged me 1/4 of what it was for an emergency service call. Any time I fish or hunt, the first thing I do is pocket the keys. Then check at least another 2 times to make sure!

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 06:58:10 PM »

Online johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 12:36:35 PM »
sounds like something I would do. 18 degrees this mourn just too cold for fishin

Offline rabbit

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »
I did some thing similar, loaded the kayak fishing pole and fishing gear life jacket. Drive 40 minutes unload everything and realize the paddle is still in the garage.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2014 SuskyFishers.com