88 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: White Fly Central  (Read 31306 times)  Share 

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
Re: White Fly Central
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »
hd I took the fly rod out this evening  using poppers I had a dandy on but it jumped and was gone, had fun thou

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2016, 10:41:30 AM »
They feel a lot different on a fly rod, what weight rod are you using ?   The other night I made the switch over from fly rod to spinning rod after the insects subsided and it was a different world landing the smallies on the spinning rod.

I haven't been out since last Tuesday cuz I've been super busy working but I will be out this week.  Last time what I saw was light cahills out very early, gone by 7pm, and then the sulphurs came out right around dark. 

Are you staying out past dark ?   Nothing much was happening up here last week until dark and later.

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2016, 10:17:31 PM »
its a 6 wt hd  weight forward line I was down today and fished till 7 30 at night did not see one rise, the lights on the bridge will light up the river after dark, the skeeters are real bad thou

;30

Offline Mark Sharrar

• River Rat
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2016, 02:51:33 PM »
Hi I was out last evening near Marietta on the river. I stayed until about an hour after sundown and they were pretty thick

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2016, 02:51:33 PM »

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2016, 05:36:28 PM »
I read a report on FlyFishPa that someone saw a bunch of spent white flies on the water Saturday morning.  I haven't been out myself since last Tuesday.

Unless we get another downpour I'll be checking the area near Apple Tree this evening, I am not optimistic because of the storms we've had and the rising water.

Accuweather says flash flood warnings in effect until 2am for Tunkhannock, it won't make the river un-fishable by any means but it might have an effect on the hatch.

Offline Nemo

• Susky ice is nice!
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2016, 06:40:11 PM »
You better hurry up HD! meshoppen gage is holding steady for now white flys have been out since the 30th. friend of mine hammered them into dark last thursday. 30 sum smallies and a bunch of big hungry fly guzzling cat fish all fell for his white fly imatation.. said NOBODY else was on the river where he was. The same guy is on the river now as I type not far from where u fish said the rain last couple days hasn't done nothing  to the river.  If I had a good limb I would run circles around ya.  :P lol Jk go get em! And post some pics when you do.

Offline Nemo

• Susky ice is nice!
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »
Oh boy! just got a text "here they come" might be epic if the rain cell going through doesn't mess it up. if i get some pics i will post em.

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »
Well I didn't get out tonight, besides the rain I'm trying to salvage what's left of my work equipment from this weekend.   :-\   Maybe tomorrow

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »

Offline Nemo

• Susky ice is nice!
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2016, 09:05:11 PM »
latest text.... "insane, just had one snap my 3x tippet"  :o

Offline Nemo

• Susky ice is nice!
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »
"maybe tomorrow" Their ain't no maybe's when it comes to the white fly hatch.  ;D It will be over before you know it!  ;)

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »
I'll be out tonight to see what's going on, fishing has been the last thing on my mind lately.  Why don't you join me.

Offline Nemo

• Susky ice is nice!
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »
I wish i can brother! Tough for me to do anything right now. My mother is not doing the greatest and she is my first priorty.  When I do get a chance to go I head up to the delaware the fishing is absolutely insane up there right now. Sulphurs, olives, light cahills, ISO's and big yellow drakes have ben coming off for over a month now. Go get em bro, were lucky to have it in our back yard. 8) uploading some pics now my buddy sent me.

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

Offline Nemo

• Susky ice is nice!
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2016, 02:03:07 PM »
Here ya go! The pic of the channle is from last thursday and the fly pic is from last night.  

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2016, 10:53:48 PM »
White flies were out tonight in the Falls area, no blizzard but a decent hatch.  Nothing much around until near dark.  I caught a few nice ones, had one break me off at the tippet knot on a hook set, the line came shooting back at me.  It was pretty much over by 10pm. 

I saw a couple large fish in the shallows, on the way out I lit one up with my flashlight, it was long and slender, very long, it slowly made it's way out to deeper water.

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2016, 07:22:23 AM »
I wish i can brother! Tough for me to do anything right now. My mother is not doing the greatest and she is my first priorty.  When I do get a chance to go I head up to the delaware the fishing is absolutely insane up there right now. Sulphurs, olives, light cahills, ISO's and big yellow drakes have ben coming off for over a month now. Go get em bro, were lucky to have it in our back yard. 8) uploading some pics now my buddy sent me.

I WISH YOU THE BEST WITH YOUR MOM ,NEMO...
IVE BEEN THERE..I know what your going threw.
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2016, 07:22:23 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com