Author Topic: When will it Spring!!  (Read 2925 times)

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
When will it Spring!!
« on: April 22, 2020, 03:26:14 PM »
Cold wind during the day and cold nights...I planted some hanging baskets but had to bring them into the garage so they didn't blow apart or freeze.

Can't tell you when I last caught a smallmouth on the Susquehanna...it's stone cold dead where I fish.

But the tribs are giving me my Vitamin F...picked up 5 over the last 2 days...all between 2-3 pounds...and they have been liking an old favorite...the smoke twister in a small 2 1/2 inch version.

Here is the best smallmouth...a nice 3 pounder...either she's been feeding well or she's waiting for the obstetrician to arrive.

Stay warm...stay safe...stay healthy.

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Re: When will it Spring!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 05:11:22 PM »
Been tough at Raystown also. Very clear (thats not good). Nothing special. Monday I had 4 fish. Tuesday I had one and then the storm blew in, froze my butt! Looks a little warmer tomorrow.
Phil

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 08:24:36 PM »
Been tough at Raystown also. Very clear (thats not good). Nothing special. Monday I had 4 fish. Tuesday I had one and then the storm blew in, froze my butt! Looks a little warmer tomorrow.
Phil

Do you drive to Raystown every day or are you staying out there?
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 08:35:22 PM »
I go for two days. Sleep in the truck at Walmart (Walmart allows over nite parking at sites they own). Figure the batteries are good for two days. Kinda brutal sleeping in the back of the truck - that should tell how bad I want to be there. If I could camp I'd stay all week.
BTW nice fish!
Phil

Online zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 09:26:30 PM »
This doesn’t help you right now because I believe it is closed due to the virus, but have you ever thought about pitching a tent at Nancy?

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 06:02:55 AM »
This doesn’t help you right now because I believe it is closed due to the virus, but have you ever thought about pitching a tent at Nancy?
I had camping reservations at Seven Points. They got cancelled. With senior discount its $15 a day, I was looking forward to fishing all week and come home the weekends. All Corp of Engineers and State Campgrounds (Trough Creek) are closed. Bummer! There may be other campgrounds but I have not looked into it.

I bought a real small electric heater last year and is just right for the cold nights in a tent. I am lucky because at my age I can still sleep on a camping mattress in comfort. For my big tent (Cabelas Alaska) I have a modern cot which is great! I hated the military cot because they sagged.  Going this morning.
Phil