Author Topic: Muddy Creek conditions  (Read 1236 times)

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Muddy Creek conditions
« on: March 18, 2021, 12:26:26 PM »
Despite the flow at Conowingo dam and other conditions the water is low at Muddy Creek Launch and clear:

Safe Harbor is 44 degrees. Was in the area and cannot fish today.  >:(

Online Pawatch

• River Rat
Re: Muddy Creek conditions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 08:41:22 AM »
Phil don't really understand why that launch is low are they holding that much water back?

We picked up 0.90" of rain yesterday. A lot less than they was calling for.
River was predicted to crest a 13' but predicted to crest at 10' now. Which is good, like fishing boat in around 5' of water 7' at the most.
Cold and windy this morning.
The only fisherman you should try to be better than.
Is the fisherman you was yesterday.

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Re: Muddy Creek conditions
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 09:30:02 AM »
Phil don't really understand why that launch is low are they holding that much water back?

We picked up 0.90" of rain yesterday. A lot less than they was calling for.
River was predicted to crest a 13' but predicted to crest at 10' now. Which is good, like fishing boat in around 5' of water 7' at the most.
Cold and windy this morning.
I posted it because it is hard to understand what is going on there sometimes! And I fish there. Basically Holtwood dam feeds the area. Then there is the Muddy Creek pumping station that draws water to a reservoir usually at night and releases during the day. No way to know release times. Generally the water is lower in the AM. In the meantime the Conowingo dam has not closed its gates in about 5 days! (Although no flood gates open)
I was in the area and decided to look. I did not expect it to be low! It looked to me like Sunbury was 4' high so I did expect a significant flow.
I would love to have a cell connected game camera there! Maybe I will one day.