67 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Catfish Reset  (Read 1322 times)

Online FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Catfish Reset
« on: March 04, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »
The recent hot action for channel cats on the river was brought about by record high temps in February. All the cat fish in the river system were in a semi inactive mode and located in what I call wintering holes. They seek out quiet areas out of the current and with most of the other fish in the river conserve energy. Since they are cold blooded creatures their activity levels naturally slow down with the water temps. The blast of warm air we got in Feb. brought the river temperature up enough to get them out of their stupor and out looking for a meal. As with most unseasonably warm weeks this catfish bonanza was followed by a colder week then some truly frigid air. Down goes the water temps and back to slumber go the channel cats. This will give all of us catmen another shot when the next wake up call is sounded. Pay attention to the weather and next time you see a couple days of unseasonable weather headed out way get out and get you some catfish!
FM

« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:06:17 PM by FM »

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Catfish Reset
« on: March 04, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »

Offline brownmk19

• River Rat
Re: Catfish Reset
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »
I think we're in for another warm up this week, albeit shorter and not as tropical as the prior warm spell. It's looking like Wednesday will be the peak in air temperatures this week. I'm going to try to get after some cats on Wednesday. There's an area in Harding I haven't had a chance to fish yet this year. After Wednesday, it appears as though the weather will get cooler with nighttime lows below freezing - perhaps sending the cats into another cold weather "reset" pattern. I've been itching to get after SMB, maybe later this week. I saw a bunch of turkeys in a field this afternoon. Spring shall arrive sooner or later.......

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:10:14 PM »
they are some dandy caties brm thank for posting

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:10:14 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2014 SuskyFishers.com