75 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Safe water!I  (Read 237 times)  Share 

Offline Quinteman

• River Rat
Safe water!I
« on: November 17, 2017, 07:35:46 AM »
I am new to the forum and new to fishing the Upper Susquehanna R. I have a 16' boat with a 20 HP tiller motor. Is there any water (pools) I could safely fish between Tunkhannock  and east toward Scranton? Thanks!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Safe water!I
« on: November 17, 2017, 07:35:46 AM »

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Re: Safe water!I
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 06:15:54 PM »
I am new to the forum and new to fishing the Upper Susquehanna R. I have a 16' boat with a 20 HP tiller motor. Is there any water (pools) I could safely fish between Tunkhannock  and east toward Scranton? Thanks!

Well you are tied to the boat launches. They are all located on fairly deep spots that will give you some area to fish. But they are not all created equally. Some like Falls and the PFBC Launch at Tunkhannock are located on broad gravel beaches and have such a gradual gradient that I can't use them when the water is this low. Whites Ferry Launch is a nice steep one that allows you to float and load you boat with out having to drive your truck in to the floor boards. Once you on the water take it easy and pay attention to obvious clues like protruding rocks, gravel, bars logs, riffles, etc.
FM

Offline Quinteman

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:10:18 AM »
Thank you for the info. I kind of expexted your reply. I fish the Connewingo  Pool  and the upper end is all about dodging rocks. Thanksc
again FM!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:10:18 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2014 SuskyFishers.com