Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Susquehanna River Walleyes / Re: Ice Walleyes
« Last post by DRY on Today at 01:35:56 PM »
Very nice eye.

1st post in over 5 years...nice to hear from you.

I don't fish on ice but enjoy hearing people's stories and pictures.

Do you ice fish on the Susquehanna River? Through a hole in the ice? Always thought that might be quite dangerous on flowing water?

Your method? Live bait? Jigs? Tip ups or ice rod?

Do you eat 'em?

Bill

Susquehanna River Walleyes / Ice Walleyes
« Last post by addicted88 on Today at 09:21:58 AM »
Anyone else getting em!!

Susquehanna River Conditions / Re: The "Ice Man" cometh
« Last post by Phil Sweeney on January 26, 2022, 09:45:38 AM »
Hi Bill,
Already have blanks. Fiberglass is superior for crankbaits.
Wow things have changed. Looking at the spin guides do you use up from the butt "reduction guides" for the first 2-3 up from the butt? I usually use 5 guides not counting tip, but the Fuji concept chart is specifying 8 guides? Seems like a lot!
Phil
Made it easy. Bought a Fuji KW kit. 6 guides and might only use 5. No reduction guides.
Susquehanna Fishing Topics and Chat / Re: Invasive crayfish
« Last post by Heavyduty on January 25, 2022, 06:53:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Confirms why baits with green pumpkin, brown, blue, purple do so well on the Susky
Susquehanna Fishing Topics and Chat / Invasive crayfish
« Last post by zelmo on January 25, 2022, 07:52:54 AM »
Interesting article on Pennlive today.  https://www.pennlive.com/life/2022/01/invasive-crayfish-species-have-produced-hybrids-in-midstate-river-likely-helpful-to-the-invaders.html  Although it is talking about the Juniata River Basin I put it here because if it is in the Juniata it is only a matter of time before it is in the big river (if not already.)

On thing I will pick a nit with.  The article says they grow to a size that fish won't eat.  According to Wikipedia the rusty crayfish can grow to 4".  We use baits that big, and bigger, all the time. 

I can remember a night shortly after the TMI accident when I was with some friends and the topic turned to producing a movie about the long term affects of the radiation leak.  The best idea we came up with was The Crayfish That Ate York.

Funny how things come around.
« Last post by Pawatch on January 24, 2022, 12:09:44 PM »
Zelmo
Looks pretty solid. But I sure wouldn’t want to test it.

Dry you decide to sell a couple rods. Give me a shout and let me know what you have. I could save you the trouble of shipping.

Not that I need anymore rods  ;)
« Last post by zelmo on January 24, 2022, 10:37:06 AM »
This is Clarke today from the gas dock at Long Level Marina.

I have no idea how thick the ice is.
« Last post by Phil Sweeney on January 22, 2022, 01:07:39 PM »
Hi Bill,
Already have blanks. Fiberglass is superior for crankbaits.
Wow things have changed. Looking at the spin guides do you use up from the butt "reduction guides" for the first 2-3 up from the butt? I usually use 5 guides not counting tip, but the Fuji concept chart is specifying 8 guides? Seems like a lot!
Phil
« Last post by DRY on January 22, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »
...I am still chasing the performance I had on the 30+ years old brown St Croix fiberglass blanks for rattle traps. ...I had bought extra St Croix graphite but not fiberglass.

Never used fiberglass blanks but Mud Hole has some...

https://mudhole.com/search?type=product&options%5Bprefix%5D=last&options%5Bunavailable_products%5D=show&q=fiberglass+rod+blanks

Bill
« Last post by Phil Sweeney on January 22, 2022, 09:37:07 AM »
The rainshadow is a new blank to me. It is the only 6' blank I could find. I am still chasing the performance I had on the 30+ years old brown St Croix fiberglass blanks for rattle traps. I have one Dale Clemens fiberglass blank left. Hard to believe back in those days St Croix was nobody compared to Fenwick and Loomis. Used to pay $14-15 for one of those blanks. I had bought extra St Croix graphite but not fiberglass.
Now one cannot buy St Croix blanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10