Author Topic: New places to take my canoe and fish ?  (Read 5237 times)

Offline DD

• The 3 F's=Family-Fishing-Friends
New places to take my canoe and fish ?
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:47:42 PM »
I'm looking for some new places to take my canoe on the river fishing. My buddy and I are planning on going either Sept. 3 or Sept. 4. Anything a hour or two driving time from Harrisburg is game. I thought about maybe going up towards Sunbury or a little farther to the North or West Branches. We plan on being out all day for Smallies but might hang around for a couple hours after dark for some cats along the bank. Any idea's or suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS GUYS!!!!!!
Bass,Cat and the chaingang

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Re: New places to take my canoe and fish ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »
You could try the section from Milton state Park to Shickelamy state Park. Lots of bridges and trestles to fish around.
FM

Offline DD

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:05:37 PM »
Do you know roughly how long it takes to float that section ? It looks like a nice long stretch.

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:06:20 PM »
Do you know roughly how long it takes to float that section ? It looks like a nice long stretch.

Never did it just making the suggestion. It is about 10 miles. There is probably a boat launch in there that could shorten it a bit.
FM

Offline DD

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 10:57:55 AM »
Ok, thanks for the suggestion. It does seem like a interesting area to check out. Thanks FM. If I would go up that way I'll let you know how it went and post pics if I catch anything worth a pic.If anyone else has any ideas I'm opened minded. I want to make up a list of as many areas as possible and then do some reading and exploring . I'm trying to broaden my fishing range on the river. Thank you