Author Topic: Hurricane Ida  (Read 803 times)

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
Re: Hurricane Ida
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 07:09:10 PM »
I think a few dams are releasing. Because the West Branch has been staying pretty steady. Usually once it crests it will decline steady for a day or so.
The Higher water is currently pretty nice. Giving me an opportunity to fish some shallower stretches, that last year I was unable to.

The only fisherman you should try to be better than.
Is the fisherman you was yesterday.

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 07:58:14 AM »
Another observation is the contribution to the Juniata from Raystown. Generally Newport area watershed drains in a day or two. right now we are experiencing steady flow from raystown.

Steady and muddy, although it is now dropping.  That has the whole river messed up where you could usually find clearer water on the west side.

I went out of Goldsboro yesterday.  When I went to bed Wednesday night the weather forecast was for the rain to end at 4 AM.  When I got up at 4 it was still raining and the forecast said it wasn't going to stop until 10:00.  I decided to do something different and fish in the afternoon. 

As I drove past Fishing Creek it was high and muddy.  When I got to the main ramp it was full of trees limbs and lumber so I had to use the lower ramp.  There wasn't much good water to fish.  The plan was to stay until dusk but it looked like more storms were forming so I packed it in early.  I took out at 5:30 and only had four small LM for my efforts. 

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 06:43:51 PM »
Zelmo you had to do quite a bit of adjusting for little reward.

I headed out this morning river was still muddy. Wind was steady at 10 mph with gusts up to 26mph.
I turned around and come home. It wasn't near as windy at home. I don't really like fishing with a lot of wind. Would sooner fish in rain.  :o

The one launch I want to launch at was unusable last year for the most part. Was way to shallow.
Right now I have a 3.0 feet of water at the launch. About 200 yards down river turns in to 4.0'
And the river is up about a 1.5' currently.
10' Deep pool that then turns into 3' for a good distance. But mostly unpressured fish in that area.

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 09:35:37 PM »
Zelmo you had to do quite a bit of adjusting for little reward.

I know it sounds that way but it sure beat listening to the news. 

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2021, 06:40:40 PM »
Went out River Front at Marietta this AM. Only caught 10 fish but I thought the water color was excellent. that is a tough place when its clear!

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 05:12:54 PM »
Phil 10 fish isn't to bad.

River was clearing up, but a few streams was muddy this morning.
Caught an 17 & 18" today posted in Laternfly topic.

It's currently up a couple feet which is making it nice running. Gives a little breathing room.

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 08:05:00 AM »
I was out yesterday and 2 days in a row the bite picked up at lunch time.