Author Topic: first kayak  (Read 7704 times)

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
first kayak
« on: August 26, 2014, 06:51:23 AM »

Got my first kayak last nite.Great deal at Dicks.My son got one a little over a month ago.I tried his and loved it.I knew id be getting one sooner or later.Went for a deer target,came home with a kayak also.
I cant wait for the river to clear up.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:04:37 AM by FM »
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline spider1

• River Rat
Re: first kayak
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »
very cool! Ya gotta let me know how it is getting in and out of that thing after a few hours! what kinda legal loops do ya gotta jump through to use 'em.

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »
IM WORRIED ABOUT BEING IN IT FOR A LONG PERIOD MY SELF WITH THE RA,BROTHER.IM HOPEING IT WONT BE TOO BAD.THE RIVER IS REAL DIRTY NOW.I WOULD LOVE TO GET IT OUT OVER THE WEEKEND THE WHOLE FAMILY IS GOING TO THE BEACH FOR 5 DAYS EXCEPT MATT AND,MYSELF.WE ARE PUTTING A FRESH HALF IN THE BEER MEISER FOR OURSELVES..WE HAVE A WORK OBLIGATION ON SATURDAY WE HAVE TO DO.OTHER THAN THAT ITS A LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND.ILL BE LOOKING TO GET IT ON THE WATER SOMEWHERE.

AS FAR AS LEGAL ISSUES
1]  LIFE JACKET
2]  WHISTLE
3]  LIC REGS.FOR USEING ON PUBLIC WATERS AND RIVER ACCESS POINTS.COST $10.00 A YEAR OR 2 YEARS FOR $18.00.IF USED ON PRIVATE WATERS THE REG IS NOT NESSASARY.
tTHE PAFBC GOTTA GET THEIR HANDS ON SOME KAYAK MONEY SOMEHOW.
WHAT A RACKETT.
OTHER THAN THAT FREE SAILING.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:06:49 AM by chez »

Offline spider1

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:10:56 AM »
Is that a registration or a launch permit?

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
ITS KINDA BOTH.IT WILL HELP IF IT IS EVER STOLE.IF I WAS TO STEAL ONE THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS RIP THE STICKERS OFF.LOL.yOU CANNOT BE ON THE PUBLIC LAUNCH AREAS ON THE RIVER WITH OUT  THE STICKER,OR ON ANY PUBLIC LAKES,SUCH AS PROMPTON,SLOCUM,WHITEOAKS,FEW,AND SO ON..IM GOING TO APPLY FOR MY 2 YEAR TODAY ON LINE.HOPE THIS HELPED BUDDY.

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
I GOTTA KINDA ROLL OUT OF MINE A BIT BROTHER.bUT ITS DO ABLE ,IM LOOSEING WEIGHT AND ITS MAKEING IT EASIER.LOL.i HOPEING TO DO A BIT OF DUCK HUNTIG OUT OF IT IN NY,I CONCERNED HOW IT WILL BE WITH SOME HEAVIER GEAR ON.

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »
IM WORRIED ABOUT BEING IN IT FOR A LONG PERIOD MY SELF WITH THE RA,BROTHER.IM HOPEING IT WONT BE TOO BAD.THE RIVER IS REAL DIRTY NOW.I WOULD LOVE TO GET IT OUT OVER THE WEEKEND THE WHOLE FAMILY IS GOING TO THE BEACH FOR 5 DAYS EXCEPT MATT AND,MYSELF.WE ARE PUTTING A FRESH HALF IN THE BEER MEISER FOR OURSELVES..WE HAVE A WORK OBLIGATION ON SATURDAY WE HAVE TO DO.OTHER THAN THAT ITS A LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND.ILL BE LOOKING TO GET IT ON THE WATER SOMEWHERE.

AS FAR AS LEGAL ISSUES
1]  LIFE JACKET
2]  WHISTLE
3]  LIC REGS.FOR USEING ON PUBLIC WATERS AND RIVER ACCESS POINTS.COST $10.00 A YEAR OR 2 YEARS FOR $18.00.IF USED ON PRIVATE WATERS THE REG IS NOT NESSASARY.
tTHE PAFBC GOTTA GET THEIR HANDS ON SOME KAYAK MONEY SOMEHOW.
WHAT A RACKETT.
OTHER THAN THAT FREE SAILING.

That fee is not for using it on public waters but instead for using PFBC launches and facilities. If you have a cottage along the Susky for instance and keep one at your place you don't have to pay a fee. If you use the Whites Ferry Launch to put it in the water you need the sticker.
FM

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »
It's the same for pontoons, un-powered  watercraft, you need it on state park waters as well.

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »
PRETTY SOON WE WILL HAVE TO PAY TO PARK OUR TRUCKS IN A STATE PARK.

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
Chez, not funny, some states have that along with entry fees to state and national forests and parks. 

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
The, government, governor or our state congresspeople don't get the money, or have anything to say about it. In PA the PFBC and the game commission are autonomous agencies. They make their own rules and laws independent of political party politics. The money in their budgets cannot be borrowed or used for other purposes by the gov or the state congress. The real reason that non-powered craft have to pay up is because of fairness. If a guy with a Jon boat and a three HP kicker has to buy a license a guy with a 12 ft canoe or a kayak should too. Those licensing, and permit fees are used directly buy the PFBC to pay for launches, parking lots and dams on our lakes and ponds. Sportsmen in PA pay their own way.
FM
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:12:45 PM by FM »

Offline walleyeken

• River Rat
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 06:44:48 PM »
I know that I am late to the topic here but regarding being in the yak fishing for a long time, I don't recommend that.  I recommend stopping occasionally and getting out - stretching the legs - even fishing from shore for a while.  Makes for a much more pleasant outing in my opinion.