Author Topic: Looking for a little more water  (Read 3479 times)

Offline bdurboraw12

• River Rat
Looking for a little more water
« on: October 07, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
Hello all, I'm new to this forum.  I'm a avid bass fisher. I have fished the susky numerous times in the past but always from a jet boat and when the waters were a little more higher. Mostly from the Duncannon up to Montgomery Ferry area. This past Sunday i fished on the river for my very first time from a kayak.  I paddled around the Montgomery Ferry area and had a few decent fish. Unfortunately I spent more time using my paddle as a push pole then I did actually fishing. I've never been on the river before with it this low. I'm possibly heading back up this weekend and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a little more fishable water. Was thinking about the Fort Hunter, Goldsboro, or York Haven areas. Any and all input is greatly appreciate. Also if anyone is ever looking for people to do a float let me know. Most times I'm fishing by myself so I'm limited on how much water I can cover.
Jackson Kilroy

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Re: Looking for a little more water
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:12:53 PM »
You might want to try the York Haven area. I was there last Monday for a flathead trip. We launched from a town park in Marrietta. It seems to run a bit deeper there. Like I said we were fishing catfish but I was eyeing up all the smallie and walleye holes as we traveled from place to  place. If you head up river  from the  launch you  will see a RR bridge lots of potential near it.
FM

Offline bdurboraw12

• River Rat
Re: Looking for a little more water
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »
Appreciate the help.  I've never fished any areas down stream of Duncannon.  I'll do some more research on the York Haven area.  I live over an hour away from Harrisburg so online research and info from locals helps me a great deal. Thank you again.
Jackson Kilroy