75 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Launching at Falls  (Read 181 times)  Share 

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Launching at Falls
« on: November 25, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »
I'd really like to put in at Falls but the last few times I checked it the angle of the river bed is so slight that I can't imaging getting my in far enough to float the boat of the bunks and drive the trailer out from under it. Anyone ever launch there? How do you do it?
FM

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Launching at Falls
« on: November 25, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »

Offline Responsible_Angler

• Please give the fish CPR
Re: Launching at Falls
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:03:28 AM »
I never launched there and I don't know the size of your boat but I can give you a little tip on shallow water launching.  I never back  my trailer in far enough to put my wheel bearings under the water and I haven't or needed to add grease or repack my bearings in over four years.  The trick is sometime when you have your boat off the trailer cover your bunkers with Turtle Wax.  The waxed bunkers allow me to push the boat off the trailer and winch it back on the trailer with the winch.  I can unload and load my boat that way in my back yard if I want to do any work on my trailer.

Offline afishinado

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »
I'd really like to put in at Falls but the last few times I checked it the angle of the river bed is so slight that I can't imaging getting my in far enough to float the boat of the bunks and drive the trailer out from under it. Anyone ever launch there? How do you do it?
FM

I'm not sure how big you boat is, but it is a shallow launch.  The best thing to do is walk along the bank a bit to find a little deeper spot.  With a little umph you should be able to launch without too much trouble. 

Good advice above not to drive too far in and submerge your wheels.  If you do, add grease to your bearings as soon as you return home.

You can run your boat pretty far upstream, up past the islands without much trouble.  Also downstream a good ways.

Good luck.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2014 SuskyFishers.com