Recent

59 Guests, 6 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 77

12 May 2018 - Gearing Up

Started to gear up for my summer cat fishing this week. I had the boat out on the 5th and the 10th both evenings to about 10 PM. Got a 28 inch each night one male one female. Plus some smaller fish Mixed on live and cut up bluegill. Thursday night after the t-storms I was out and the fog rolled in. No shore visible, I had to feel my way back along the treeline until my spotlight hit the reflective launch marker. If I missed it I would have been down in Dry's neighborhood in the morning.

30 Apr 2018 - Shake-down cruise!!

Today was the last day until June 15 to fish the main stem. Haven't had the boat out yet so I went for a shake-down cruise. Hasn't been out since last Thanksgiving.

She started right up after a few squeezes of the gas bulb. What a delight these 4 strokes. Ran like a top for the 3 hours I was out. Trolling motor, anchor winch and sump pump all good.

She's been leaking for the last 4 years but I didn't have to run the pump today...just popped the stopper when I was done and left her drain.

Launched at the Isle of Que. Upstream is the Hummels Wharf power station. The 4 towers on the right are the old coal plant and the 3 smaller towers on the left are the new gas plant.

The RR bridge piers often times hold fish different times of the year.

A little too breezy for fishing but nice day for a ride.

Don't know where the big girls were today but I did find a dozen 11-14 inchers.

Bill
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 77
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10097
  • Total Topics: 1308
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 468
  • (July 28, 2017, 03:46:58 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 59