122 Guests, 8 Users

Author Topic: Susky Newbie  (Read 1119 times)  Share 

Offline sknph1981

• River Rat
Susky Newbie
« on: February 25, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »
Great site and awesome feedback from members. I'm a long time Lehigh River and Beltzville Lake (Carbon County) catfisher. We are looking into dropping our boat into the susquehanna this year at Lake Clarke or Peach Bottum for some flatheads. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Susky Newbie
« on: February 25, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »

Online chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
Re: Susky Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 06:17:39 PM »
Welcome to the site....
Enjoy!!!!!.
We can use your knowledge also....
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »
Don't typically target catfish, but have caught some. There is a sponser that has an add on this site, from York haven pa. Hook line and sinker, is the store name. They are probably 30 minutes+/- of peach bottom. They should be able to help you, if you are targeting catfish. There is also a tackle shop in Columbia pa, but cant remember the name at the moment. That is where I would start, and welcome.

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 07:48:50 PM »
Don't think there are too many members here fishing that far south in the watershed.
I was born in York County but don't fish that area now.  I knew some guys who used to access the lower Susquehanna (Lake Aldred) in the York Furnace area on the York County side and Pequea on the Lancaster County side.
If you google "tackle shops in Columbia" you will find the shop mentioned above.
If you google " flathead fishing on the lower Susquehanna" you will find several guides who target them. One trip with them should help you find your way around the Lake Aldred pool.

Bill
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:34:51 PM by DRY »
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 07:48:50 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com