Recent

108 Guests, 9 Users

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73

11 Apr 2014 - Cracked a 30 Today

Took a ride up river this morning to fish a spot that I visit a few times a year. It is on the lower end of an island and there is a marginal place to fish there. It varies in the action depending on the water level. You need to hit it just right or it is a bust. Today it was just about as high as I ever fished it and the fishing was not the best but I got the biggest catfish I have landed in a few years a nice sleek 30 inches, taped, from the mouth to the tip of the tail. I managed one other smaller fish before I had to leave for home. Cut chubs were the bait again today. A thirty inch channel cat may not sound very big but that is the upper end of the size they reach on the north branch. I have caught a handful of 30's a couple 31's and personally saw a 32 incher.
FM

07 Apr 2014 - CatFishin' Insanity

I had an awesome afternoon yesterday (Sunday 4/6/14). Last fall and winter, I had picked a few new catfishin' spots to try this spring. Yesterday I hit one of them and struck catfish gold. I never fished this shore before but have looked at it from the hiway for years. It always looked fishy but I never saw anyone fishing it so I really didn't know what to expect. I had my first fish on before I could get my second rod in the water. And that is how it went for the next three hours. I don't think 15 minutes went by between fish the whole time I was there. Most were nice sized with only 2 or 3 that were under the 20 inch mark. A couple were 28 or 29 inchers. I have to toss a tape measure in the bucket. Everyone was caught on fresh cut sucker and chub chunks about one inch pieces. I had to cast out down and across current to get out w/o getting dragged down by the current and most of the fish came on the down river rod. Missed a few of what I thought were smaller cats playing with my bait until I hooked a keeper walleye, now I'm wondering if the nibblers were small walleyes. Just a great time on the river.
FM

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/virt
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73
Members
  • Total Members: 985
  • Latest: icemole
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9854
  • Total Topics: 1270
  • Online Today: 128
  • Online Ever: 468
  • (July 28, 2017, 03:46:58 AM)