Author Topic: SuskyFishers Tournament Rules  (Read 3603 times)

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
SuskyFishers Tournament Rules
« on: March 06, 2016, 08:02:55 AM »
These are some modified rules borrowed from IF247. We can use them here for.all our tournaments. In addition to the rules for photos below it is a requirement that all fish entered here be caught in the Susquehanna River.  I will be posting a generic tournament card valid for the whole 2016 season. It will be available for you to print on March 31st about 9 pm.

Stay tuned.as more.details will follow.

Entering Your Fish All entries must be comprised of two photos:

PHOTO #1.) Of the fish being entered, and you the angler with your tournament card, ON THE WATER (Back Porch, backyard, parking lot, or tailgate pics are not allowed at all. If it is not on the water or river bank it it won't count as entered.)

PHOTO#2.) Of the fish with your measuring device and the your tournament card (either a wide type tape steel tape measure, or a rigid fish measuring ruler.) ON THE WATER (Back Porch, backyard, parking lot, or tailgate pics are not allowed at all. If it is not on the water or river bank it it won't count as entered.)

3.) Include your Measurement!!In each entry post you must include the measurement that you got. That is how long the fish is in inches and fractions of inches. Like this: "my fish was 27 and 3/4 inches" This is a requirement.

4.) Include this Information. for each entry post.The state and county where the fish was caught, and the Date that the fish was caught. This is a requirement.

5.) Finally both photos must be taken on location, and on water or river bank., this means photo #1 should be composed so that a portion of the river is visible and that Photo #2 should be on the river bank , in your boat, etc.. Backyard, garage, or deck type photos will be discounted.

How To Measure Your FishThe ruler must be clearly readable and next to the fish. Do not cover the ruler with the fish. Photos should be composed so as to make the whole ruler and the whole fish clearly visible ( A tiny portion of the ruler may be covered by the fish. This will be up to my discretion. Above all I will be looking at a good faith attempt to fulfill the conditions of the rules. ). Fill the frame with the fish, do not go wide angle and have a big fish in the middle of an acre useless background.

Get your fish to almost fill the photo but leave a bit of margin around the whole thing. RulersWide retractable rulers with clear markings are best I normally get down to 1/16ths of an inch so one that measures that close and no further will hold up best under scrutiny.The little skinny 1/4 inch wide tape measures or cloth/plastic flexible rulers are not acceptable and could result in your fish being discounted because the measure was unreadable.Do not bother submitting photos showing just the head or tail of the fish with the ruler, I want the whole fish with the ruler.

If you crop off the lip or the tail of the fish in your entry pic... what is visible is what will be counted.In the Event of a Tie: the angler with the next best fish (back up fish) in that particular category will be awarded the win.  As you can see, it is very important to enter as many fish as possible, and to keep upgrading as you go. Don't wait for the one big one to come along. Enter the fish you have today and get in the game. If there is no back up fish the tie will be broken by the first of the fish entered.

Tournament Format:
The member with the largest fish will get 1st place, the member with the next largest fish will win 2nd place, and the member with the 3rd largest fish will win 3rd place. You can enter as many times as you want to keep upgrading your entries as you get better fish.

*Ties are broken by looking at the next best fish of the category entered by each of the parties involved in the tie. If there are no back up fish then the tie is broken by the fish that was entered first.* addendum to the rules: regarding two guys posting the same fish taken on the same day. The catch goes to which ever one gets the fish first. If a dispute breaks out between the two fishermen as to who did catch it first then it will go to which ever one posts it first.

A Couple Clarifications:
Tail pinching is OK, (personally I don't like it but it is accepted by some state's game and fish depts. so I'm not going to argue over it). Don't go overboard and stretch the limits of believablity or you could get disqualified for a distorted fish.

Digital Photographic Submissions:
Participation in the IceFishin247.com Online Tournament is implied consent for the use of the contestantsí likenesses, and any images submitted for marketing and promotional purposes.As usual there may be omissions, errors, or stupid mistakes on my part to be found in the rules above .

If you see a screw up on my part please send me a PM and I will check it out. I guarantee that there will be minor adjustments here and there.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:36:31 AM by FM »

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Re: SuskyFishers Tournament Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:30:51 AM »
All entrants should read and understand the rules. Some of you were probably never in a contest like this. Be sure you have a good readable steel tape measure of the wide carpenter type for your photos.
FM