Recent

82 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 80
After about 15 trips to the (high,muddy,crappy) river it finally got close to being fishable. Friday after work I started north of Nescopeck across from the nuclear powerplant. After throwing my ugliest spinnerbait for an hour nothing was biting. Switched to a crankbait cause the water was high enough and still nothing. Drove down the river about 3 miles to another spot and tied on a swimbait. Wasn't long after that that this fish hit.

A nice 15in bass. He hit about 5 feet from shore and ran directly into shore beaching himself. Cheating me out of a great susky river smallie fight. By the way the rubber glove in the pic is not mine but I do practice safe fishing. Anyway, after fishing in that area for an hour I decided to try my spots at Bloomsburg. Well just as I got there the skies opened up and my fishing trip was over. Going back out today to hit my spots and hopefully catch some more. Time to get out boys.
Put an 11 hr shift in on the northbranch ystdy.  Fished it from the railroad bridge below the appletree all the way up past whites ferry.  Only saw 1 other boat all day and it wasn't launching until we were leaving around 7pm  ???.  Fish cops were also camped out on the whites ferry launch.  They watched us for awhile and then took off probably to the next launch to find my truck.  Anyway, water temp was 52-53 at the surface...a few more degrees and some clearer water and it will be on.  Visibility is still only about 6-8" and the W-B gauge was reading about 6.5'.  Managed to land about 8-10 smallies...no real size and a river monster carp. Here's a couple smallie pics and I'll post the carp in the carp board.  The smallies are still tight lipped and spread out.  We had to really work for em.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 80
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10689
  • Total Topics: 1384
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 508
  • (November 24, 2018, 09:45:41 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 86