Recent

52 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 76
Got off work alittle early *cough* must be a cold coming on. Threw the waders in the car and off to the river I go. Started at the usual spot across from the nuke plant. Waded out and started throwing a swimbait. For about an hour I didn't get a bite so I turned around and started casting upriver and towards the shore. Thats when the fun began.

A nice 17" walleye and it gave me a good fight too. Normally those eyes act like France during WW2 and just give up. This one was a real fighter. He even tried to jump like a smallie. LOL  A few more casts and I hooked a nice smallie.

This one was a leaper and ran halfway across the river before I could turn him. This was the first smallie I caught that had one of those black spots on his side. I have a theory on this. You remember in the late 90's early 2000's when tribal tattoos were all the rage or recently how kids are dying their hair half blonde, half brunette. I think one bass got one of those spots and the other bass kinda liked it. Next thing you know you got a fad going on. Anyway, I moved down the river and continued on. After about 30 minute of fishing the spot I got a BIG ONE!!!

That plastic case is 13" long. That bass is alot bigger than the case. It was a solid 3+ pounder. When it swirled I thought I hooked a muskie because of all the splashing. A couple guys in a small Jon boat were floating down the river towards me so I tried to play it cool and not shout too much but I know they heard me. It was a great day to be out fishing.

08 May 2014 - FIRST ENCOUNTER 2014!!!!

FINALLY GOT THE BOAT IN THE RIVER YESTERDAY AFTERNOON.....SMALLIES ARE ON FIRE :o ;D WATER TEMP WAS 55 DEG. TUBES WERE HOT! THEY SEEMED TO BE AGGRESSIVE TOO. HAD A FEW GRAB THE TUBES AT THE BOAT. FELT GOOD TO HOOK SOME...ITS BEEN A WHILE FOR ME.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 76
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10017
  • Total Topics: 1294
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 468
  • (July 28, 2017, 03:46:58 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 52
Total: 60