56 Guests, 8 Users

Author Topic: Florida Rental w/ pontoon boat  (Read 6273 times)  Share 

Online FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Florida Rental w/ pontoon boat
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:55:22 PM »
Our member wds83 asked me to post this for him, it seemed reasonable to me.

I live in Clarks Summit, PA and have a rental place on the Harris Chain down in Leesburg Florida. The place has a dock and comes equip with a 20 ft pontoon boat that is set up for fishing . The place is totally furnished and we rent it by the week or month. The lakes are great to fish for big bass. Here is a link to my VBRO site that I have it listed on.

http://www.vrbo.com/preview/598773

I figure some of the members might like to get out of the cold and there are not many places that furnish a boat. My member ID is wds83
Please call me if you have any questions
Thank You
Bill Schirra
12015 Rose Drive
Clarks Summit, PA 18411
570-499-7378
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:00:34 PM by FM »

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Florida Rental w/ pontoon boat
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:55:22 PM »

Offline wds83

• River Rat
Re: Florida Rental w/ pontoon boat
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:39:21 PM »
Thanks FM for posting my place!  :D

Here is the listing

Located on Haines Creek in Mid Florida Lakes Yacht Club a gated community with quick access to the Harris Chain of Lakes.
* Lake Eustis * Little Lake Harris
* Lake Beauclair * Lake Yale
* Lake Carlton * Lake Griffin
* Lake Dora * Lake Harris

Our home is fully furnished and comes with a New 2018 SunTracker Fishing Barge 20' Pontoon Boat and Golf Cart.
Place includes:

* Wireless Internet and Cable TV 230 Channels plus HBO.
* Pets Welcomed. (Mid Florida Lakes has a Dog Park.)
* Office with a Desktop Computer and Printer.
* Sunroom off Living Room
* Screened in Back Porch.
* Air Condition Laundry Room (Full Size Washer and Dryer) and Work Shop
* Extra Full Size Refrigerator in Laundry Room
* Outside Gas Grill
* 2 Bedrooms with Full Size Beds. 1 Bedroom has a Bathroom and walk in shower set up for Handicapped. The other bedroom has a 42 inch Flat Screen TV.
* Sofa-Bed in Sunroom.
* Kitchen is fully furnished (coffee maker, toaster, plates, utensils, etc.)
* Linens and towels included.
* Walk in Shower in Main Bathroom
* Non Smoking House ( Smoking Permitted Outside)
* Free Garbage pickup Monday and Thursday
* Dock
* Utilities Included

Mid Florida Lakes Amenities:
2 Swimming Pools ( 1 Heated)
Clubhouse
Bingo every Wednesday night
Laundry Facilities
Boat Docks
Marina
Shuffleboard
Billiards Room
Horseshoe Pits
RV Storage
Waterfront Sites
Picnic Area
Exercise Room
Tennis
Gated Community
Wood Shop
Bocce Ball
Age-Qualified Community (over 40) Kids are welcomed as guest.

Pontoon Boat fits up to 10 people. Boat is well maintained comes with a 50hp motor and trolling motor great for fishing. Local Pontoon rentals go for $200 to $350 for 8 hrs. Our boat is yours for the duration of your stay! There are restaurants you could access by boat. The Historic Dora Canal is just minutes by boat from our place.
Golf Cart seats 4 has full inclosure with a fan.

Enjoy all the activities Florida has to offer
* 5 miles to Leesburg, Eustis and Mount Dora
* 10 miles to The Villages
* 45 miles to Disney world and airport.
* 1 hrs to Daytona beach, and 1-1/2 hrs to Clearwater beach on the Gulf of Mexico.

Rates 
Weekly - $1200.00 ( June to Oct)
Monthly - $2,500 to $2,950

We been using AllegiantAir.com out of both Avoca and Allentown. They have direct flight (takes 2hrs )  to the Sanford/Orlando Airport which is 40 mins from our place. Round trip tickets cost from $180.00 to $225.00 per person. We use Alamo rental car through Allegiant that runs around $250.00

Kitchen

Living Room

Computer Rm

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

Sunroom

Work Shop

Golf Cart

Pool 1

Pool 2

Dock View

Dora Canal

Lily pads

Lily 2

Dora Canal

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:43:23 PM by wds83 »

Offline wds83

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 07:42:28 PM »
Forgot to metion the place comes with Rods,Reels,Tackle. A bait shop is 5 minutes away to get a Nonresident 7-Day Freshwater Fishing License for $30.00 or can be purchased online.

Here is a map of the Harris Chain
I marked our place with a red star right by Lake Eustis on Haines Creek

One of my friends Phil Kelley has a great site with a lot of information on fishing the Harris Chain. He mentions the Marina in Mid Florida Lakes which is around 6 Docks down from our place.

http://www.lakecountybass.com/haines-creek-bass-fishing.html

If anybody has any questions feel free to give me a call.

Here are some pics from Phils site.

9.5 lbs Haines Creek

Lake Eustis

Haines Creek

Mid Florida Lakes

Bill

Offline wds83

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »
Went down to Florida last week to fish for 6 days. Weather was nice 75 to 85 during the day at night it dropped down to mid 50's at night. Fishing was slow not a good time of year to go. Best time starts in Dec to March. We caught a couple of big Bass on 6 to 7 inch wild shiners. Here is one had to be around 6 pounds or better I didn't have a scale. Caught all of our fish on Haines Creek right by my place.

We were getting a lot of bites from the Bowfins and Gars in Haines Creek. Last 2 days I finally tied on a steel leader to catch some of them. Both the Bowfin and Gar have some nasty teeth. The Bowfin is one hell of a fighter definitely don't want to lip one of these. Had a hard time getting him out of the net once they clamp down they don't let go.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »

Offline wds83

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »
One thing we don't have to deal with up here in PA is the damn Alligators. I had one that would sit next to the boat and wait for you to catch a fish. I took a video of him going after my bobber and stealing a fish from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tdsJ4cVzQI&feature=youtu.be

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »
Those prehistoric Gar have to be the coolest fish ever. 

Offline wds83

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 05:52:31 PM »
Those prehistoric Gar have to be the coolest fish ever.

The Gar get huge down there. I seen one come up one night the back on it had to be over 4ft long. The locals and the guides down there hate catching gar or the bowfins.

Offline wds83

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »
My place is open for Dec, Jan so far ( I had a cancellation for the month of Jan he took it in May instead).  I have it booked for Feb, March, May. If anyone is interested in going for a week in Dec please email me.
Thanks
Bill
wds83@aol.com

Here is an article about the fishing on the Harris Chain.

Spring (Late December through May)
Our Spring season usually starts right after Christmas on the first full moon in January.  In colder years or during severe cold fronts, the spawn can be delayed.  This is the time of the year when the biggest bass of the year start moving shallow to bed.  A week before the full moon in January right up to the full moon is your best chance at a fish over 10 pounds.  Some years, spawning activity continues until well into May.  During the spring, winning tournament weights are commonly in excess of 25 pounds for a 5 fish limit.  April is the best overall fishing month for numbers of fish. 

Winter and Spring temperatures in Lake County can range from the high 30s (very rare) to the high eighties (also rare).  The average Winter and Spring Central Florida day starts in the mid fifties and gets up to the mid seventies by 1:00 PM (it's paradise!).

Summer (June through September)
I consider the summer season to have two parts; starting with post-spawn dog days followed by the summer flipping season.  June and July can be slow.  You can catch fish, but it's hot and the midday sun can drain your energy.  The best way to catch bass at this time is of the year is to fish early and late in the day.  The morning bite is usually over by 9:00 AM.  In summer, most tournament anglers drag Carolina Rigs on deep ledges, flip boat docks, or fish man-made attractors and spring holes during the heat of the day.  In recent years the lakes have begun to clear and deep cranking offshore structure is beginning to win tournaments.  Winning tournament weighs around this time of the year usually average around 10-15 pounds for 5 fish.

The summer flipping season starts when lake levels rise due to consistent afternoon thunder showers, which is usually by August or September.  The fish follow the water up and good sized bass can be found cooling themselves in dense grass beds or under boat docks.   You normally don't catch a lot of numbers this time of year but the bass you catch flipping will be fat and healthy.

Summer temperatures in Florida can range from the seventies to well over 95 degrees with the humidity at 100%.  It's very hot by 3:00 PM, when the summer thunder storms start rumbling through.  After the storms have done their thing the evening is generally nice and we usually have a another period of good fishing just before dark.  Night tournament anglers routinely weight 15-20 pound 5 fish limits.

Fall (mid October through mid December)
The fall season usually starts within a week of the first real cool snap in mid October.  The Harris Chain is full of shad, shiners, blue gills and other forage.  When you find the bait you find the bass.  The bass start moving shallow this time of year and begin to feed actively, preparing themselves for the spawn.  This is my favorite time to fish as the lakes are mostly deserted.  The tourists and snow birds don't really start to arrive until after Thanksgiving.  The fall bite continues and runs right up to Christmas where the whole process begins anew.

Fall temperatures in Florida can vary greatly.  It cools down into the sixties for a few days and then runs back up to 85 degrees.  It's really very nice considering how hot the summers are.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:49:44 PM by wds83 »

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »

Offline Kwill

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
Wow looks like a good time!!

Offline wds83

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 09:40:27 PM »
I have a lot of weeks in July, August, September,October open on the place. The weekly rate with the pontoon boat is $1200.00 If you are interested give me a call.
Thanks
Bill
570-499-7378
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:45:27 PM by wds83 »

Offline wds83

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »
**Update**

We just bought a brand new 2018 20ft.SunTracker Fishing Barge for the place. The boat has a 90 hp Mercury, 2 Live Wells, Lowrance Fish Finder and a wireless trolling motor. The place is open for next year after April 14th. If you are interested in booking the place for a week give me a call.
Thanks
Bill
570-499-7378

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:05:34 PM by wds83 »

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com