78 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Beautiful!!  (Read 625 times)  Share 

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Beautiful!!
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:43:30 AM »
What a beautiful spring morning to be alive!!
Got to the water by 9 AM after a great breakfast of ham, eggs, grapefruit and fresh coffee.
But...skunked during the first 30 minutes. I occasionally felt a bump on my crawfish and my stonecat but no hookups.

Hmmmmmm!! Maybe the weekend warriors gave them sore mouths. Or maybe the cold nights have keep them on the cold and sluggish side.

Well...I'm about to tell you again about small baits for cold and sluggish fish (so if you're bored already...quit reading  ;D)

I tied on my diminutive Willie Wannabee...a mere pittance of a lure at 2" long...

And bingo...over the next 90 minutes I landed 8 persnickety smallmouth all between 2-2 1/2 pounds.

I was home by lunch...a happy man  ;)  :)

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Beautiful!!
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:43:30 AM »

Online Brewguy

• River Rat
Re: Beautiful!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 03:32:12 PM »
Nice. 

Do you ever fish the ned rig with the small trd by z man?  People down here in Harrisburg have been going crazy over them. 

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 04:27:51 PM »
Nice. 

Do you ever fish the ned rig with the small trd by z man?  People down here in Harrisburg have been going crazy over them.

I use to use a very slender 3" Yammamoto worm on a 1/8 oz. round or standup jighead or a 3" Yum dinger worm (see pic below).

I often use now a different 3" slender worm called the G&W Krinkle cut worm...see picture below.

I believe the ned rig uses a 2 3/4" worm but is about the diameter of a senko worm.

My personal experience for "cold water" (winter) bass is that the smaller the profile...the better. Larger diameter senko worms do work well for summer and fall smallmouth and I use them rigged like a "ned rig" or a "wacky rig."

But I prefer a smaller profile worm in cold water (below 50F).

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 07:27:14 AM »
That's neet Bill.
And I know it works!!!!
I do a similar deal with a 4" worm.
Black or Brown,but I slice It down the middle so it's flat on the bottom side.then hook it the same way.
Makes it look like a hellgrammite.

Great Job on the Smallies...
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 07:27:14 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com