80 Guests, 5 Users

Author Topic: Waiting on a woman  (Read 314 times)  Share 

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
Waiting on a woman
« on: April 07, 2018, 05:21:10 PM »
As we all have said and joked about, over the past several weeks. Mother nature is a bit behind this year, and inconsistent. The onion snow, or snows, have come in April and as late as last week. Was really desiring some time by the water today, thought about going to a trout stream. But couldn't pull myself to do that, the older I get I loose interest in trout fishing. May be the fact they were put out only days before. So on my way to the river, to calmly relax and watch the high water swiftly go by. I noticed mother nature is starting to wake up a bit. I was noticing the Red Maples on the mountain side were really starting to flower. Pear trees at the park, the buds were swelling up. Forsythia was in bloom, plus many Star Magnolias were in full splendor. Many properties the daffodils had started to flower. The tiger lilies have emerged from their long winter nap, not flowering. Even saw some morning glory starting to poke thru. The coolest thing I saw I believe. Were hundreds of Bank Swallows skimming the surface of the river. I am assuming there was a good hatch of stoneflies, because I could see swallows as far as the eye could see. Now as we have shared, most of us have a significant other of the fairer sex. As men we often wait, and sometimes wait some more for them. When heading out to do some things. So why would I be suprised that mother nature is often not on time. Just wanted to share some thoughts and observatioins with you guys.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Waiting on a woman
« on: April 07, 2018, 05:21:10 PM »

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Re: Waiting on a woman
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »
Only caught 2 bass all week. Today the stone flies were everywhere along with the swallows and gulls. My trees are budding and my grass is getting green. I'm psyched!!

Sure hope your wife doesn't read your posts.  ;) :)

Bill

The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 02:30:37 PM »
I know I live in a different zip code but it's east of you and just a little north.  I had to double check before I posted and the only thing I saw blooming around my house were bluebells.  The grass is turning green and the lilies are shooting up but no flowers yet.  I don't see a single tree with buds.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Online johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 05:00:56 PM »
its just so cold and windy, and the river is soooo high,  I guess im getting all your runoff I did some trout fishin not my favorite, but the stockie guys did a poor job jmf

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 05:00:56 PM »

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:07:36 PM »
Im glad you all posted, but 1I the river is a jetboaters heaven right now. Saw several only 15-20' off the bank, running up the river at a pretty good clip. Better take advantage of it, because it will soon be a waders paradise. with temps in the 70's by the end of the week, hopefully it turns them on.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:07:36 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com