Recent

97 Guests, 4 Users

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 79

This Sunday my 3 buddies and I got a chance to wake up early and hit the river literally at the crack of dawn. We banked fished down over the railroad tracks in a small town called Saginaw about a mile down stream from Three Mile Island. Unfortunately most of the bank was flooded and even with waders, some of the prime fishing spots were inaccessible, not to mention the river was slightly darker than chocolate milk :-( Only two of us caught fish all day. We were trying to target walleye but we only wound up with 2 catfish and 1 Smallmouth and I, despite the name, was the one who caught the smallmouth :-) Fun day, but unfortunately the fishing still isn't that great down this way. Water is still too muddy and still a little high. Hopefully June dries out some so the fishing gets better.

23 May 2014 - Susky Camping

I am out on the river camping with the whole family.  No t-storms yet. Good times.
FM

We had a great little camping get away. Missed all the rain and the weather turned beautiful. I managed to sneak away for a couple hours both sat and Sun for a little carp and catfishin. gobs of crawlers worked for both. Sunday morning I missed a monster carp had him on for a minute then the hook pulled out. Sure would have liked to get a look at it and better yet a photo. I love fishin for the brutes and in this location it is a lock to have a couple hits quick. you can almost just hold your rod and wait for it. We walked along a stranded backwater that was loaded with carp you can see their shapes in the green water pics. A monster snapper was in there too it was the size of a wash tub.
FM

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 79
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10461
  • Total Topics: 1355
  • Online Today: 194
  • Online Ever: 468
  • (July 28, 2017, 03:46:58 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4