Recent

50 Guests, 2 Users
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76

30 Apr 2018 - Shake-down cruise!!

Today was the last day until June 15 to fish the main stem. Haven't had the boat out yet so I went for a shake-down cruise. Hasn't been out since last Thanksgiving.

She started right up after a few squeezes of the gas bulb. What a delight these 4 strokes. Ran like a top for the 3 hours I was out. Trolling motor, anchor winch and sump pump all good.

She's been leaking for the last 4 years but I didn't have to run the pump today...just popped the stopper when I was done and left her drain.

Launched at the Isle of Que. Upstream is the Hummels Wharf power station. The 4 towers on the right are the old coal plant and the 3 smaller towers on the left are the new gas plant.

The RR bridge piers often times hold fish different times of the year.

A little too breezy for fishing but nice day for a ride.

Don't know where the big girls were today but I did find a dozen 11-14 inchers.

Bill

30 Apr 2018 - Delaware River Shad

It has been years (15 or so) since I took part in the Big D shad season. I have been wanting to for a while and finally did something about it this spring. My first foray happened two weeks ago last Friday. I went to Easton and had a good time on the warmest day of the year catching 3 out of 6 hook ups. Saturday the 28th I went to the Jersey side just above Worthington State Park. I picked my spot by driving along on river road and shopping until I spotted something I liked. When I parked I was greeted by a feast of wild flowers. I had forgotten how much I love the Delaware at this time of year. I offer my flower pics in lieu of fish pics. Not that there weren't any fish, to the contrary, it was my personal best day shad fishing ever. I hooked 42 and landed 20. Left the fish still running past my hand chosen spot. All my fish were released while I remained in the river and never left the water. I just trapped them against my waders and popped the hook out letting them go. A guide in a rift boat was working the area with a couple clients and after a while got near enough to congratulate me on my success. I thought that was a classy move, he never tried to horn in on my action but worked the large run finding fish for his guests. I'd love to go back again but may opt to leave that memory close the season and move on to catfish in the Susky this week.
FM

[img]https
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76
Members
  • Total Members: 989
  • Latest: mburiak
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10005
  • Total Topics: 1292
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 468
  • (July 28, 2017, 03:46:58 AM)