Recent

51 Guests, 2 Users
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76
Spent a few hours yesterday on the main stem. It should be hopping...but I could only manage a few minor league smallmouth.

After lunch today I hit the local trib...first cast with the stonecat and this 3 lb. 10 oz. beauty hammered it.

A little later in another hole, using the diminutive Willie Wannabee, this 4 pound marvel smacked it. What a jumping time this fish had.

Gonna try the main stem again tomorrow (closes May 1)... and then rest up this weekend because I have a good feeling about the tribs next week. Got some places I haven't tried yet.  ;)  ;D

Bill

23 Apr 2018 - Beautiful!!

What a beautiful spring morning to be alive!!
Got to the water by 9 AM after a great breakfast of ham, eggs, grapefruit and fresh coffee.
But...skunked during the first 30 minutes. I occasionally felt a bump on my crawfish and my stonecat but no hookups.

Hmmmmmm!! Maybe the weekend warriors gave them sore mouths. Or maybe the cold nights have keep them on the cold and sluggish side.

Well...I'm about to tell you again about small baits for cold and sluggish fish (so if you're bored already...quit reading  ;D)

I tied on my diminutive Willie Wannabee...a mere pittance of a lure at 2" long...

And bingo...over the next 90 minutes I landed 8 persnickety smallmouth all between 2-2 1/2 pounds.

I was home by lunch...a happy man  ;)  :)

Bill
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76
Members
  • Total Members: 989
  • Latest: mburiak
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10005
  • Total Topics: 1292
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 468
  • (July 28, 2017, 03:46:58 AM)
Users Online