Author Topic: musky lures  (Read 24693 times)

Offline erussell

• River Rat
Re: musky lures
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 12:39:22 PM »
Hello new to the forum and I target only musky and Pike on the suck. Mostly on the Ny side of the boarder but hope to get my PA lic this spring and start fishing the Hallstead /Greatbend area. Had a good yr last yr with three nice fish a 38" a 40" and a 42" fish. Had a few follow ups to from a boat with a buddy of mine. Nothing like doing a figure 8 at the boat with a 4 ft fish swimming around in circles chasing it. first yr ive actually concentrated on just fishing for musky and I cant stop. lol. My go to lure for the ski's are Mepps aglia longs. Anything else I havent been able to catch anything on. Tho I have had a few on while fishing for walleye a few yrs ago with 6 inch rapalas. but with only 4 lb test there's only so much you can do with a 4 ft fish. Got alot of nice pike out of the chenango river also.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:54:20 PM by erussell »

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »
Welcome to the site! I enjoyed your pics. Things will pick up around here once the ice goes off the water and we can limber up the long rods.
FM

Offline erussell

• River Rat
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 04:50:36 PM »
Yeah cant wait. just put an order in to netcraft and luresonline for more spinner parts to make bucktails and wire for sucker rigs. Learned alot last yr so hope to put that to use this yr and land a few monsters.

Offline KCARP819

• FISH FEAR ME
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »
CANT WAIT FOR SPRING! NICE FISH ;D