Forum > Susquehanna River Smallmouth Bass

Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

(1/4) > >>

DRY:
The bear has come out of hibernation!!

He is hungry!!

And fish are on the menu!!

So many signs of Spring!! Grackles, cowbirds, red-winged blackbirds and robins are all back. Geese  are flying. Crocuses are blooming. Black stone flies are emerging on the Susquehanna and sea gulls are coming up from the Chesapeake Bay. Mergansers and loons are on the water.

And the water temp has reached that magical number 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

Picked up 8 smallies in about 2 hours this AM and missed another 5-6. Either the bears reflexes are still asleep or the smallmouth were just toying with the bear. Grrrrr!!!  :)

Most were in the 2-2.5 pound bracket with a couple of 3 pounders thrown in the mix.

The bear is happy !!   ;)  ;D

Bill

zelmo:
Well done, Bill!  Is that the Undulator on the jighead?

I am hoping to get out for the first time this year on Thursday.  I am tired of everything about winter.

chez:
Nice job bill 8)

Phil Sweeney:
Nice!

DRY:

--- Quote from: zelmo on March 12, 2019, 10:25:01 PM ---Well done, Bill!  Is that the Undulator on the jighead?

I am hoping to get out for the first time this year on Thursday.  I am tired of everything about winter.

--- End quote ---

Yep...the Undulator with a few stands of "flashabou" sown in...

although the water temp was 40F the bass where I was were still acting like it was winter...

"Deadstick" for 5-10 seconds...followed by a quick twitch of the wrist. 'Beary, beary' successful technique.  ;D

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version