98 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: This rain...  (Read 559 times)  Share 

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
This rain...
« on: May 17, 2019, 07:31:51 AM »
Is going to be the death of the forum.  no one can fish so no one talks.   :-\

On a happy note, I've been air brushing crank baits and it is extremely fun.  I even caught 4 bass on my own bait, in a pond that is notoriously over fished and impossible to catch at. 

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

This rain...
« on: May 17, 2019, 07:31:51 AM »

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
Re: This rain...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:58:09 AM »

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 09:44:55 AM »
Very cool!!        Are you looking to make a few for extra income?  I have a few muskie baits I would love to get painted like rainbows for lake tiger muskies.

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:59:14 AM »
Jonsie thanks.  I sent you a PM. 

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:59:14 AM »

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 02:19:50 PM »
First try at a blue gill pattern.

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:38:58 PM »
Beautiful.
FM

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 09:39:04 AM »
What paints are you using?

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 11:04:15 AM »
What paints are you using?

I have some Createx paints but mostly it is folk art and apple barrel from Walmart.  I thin them with createx 4012 reducer.  They work really well and I like the colors available. 

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 11:04:15 AM »

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 09:12:53 AM »
So when do you want to meet? I have a couple baits to be painted that already have a chrome/glossy sides to them that I don't want to loose. Maybe just a pink translucent side with the normal rainbow pattern. Would 20.00 be enough for each bait? I'm not looking for super artistic job just good enough to fool a fish. And the those Tigers are on fire right now....

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 06:52:09 AM »
Beautiful.
FM
Wow! That is really good!

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 10:05:54 AM »
I have some Createx paints but mostly it is folk art and apple barrel from Walmart.  I thin them with createx 4012 reducer.  They work really well and I like the colors available.

Interesting.  Do you use a clearcoat on them?

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 07:57:16 AM »
So when do you want to meet? I have a couple baits to be painted that already have a chrome/glossy sides to them that I don't want to loose. Maybe just a pink translucent side with the normal rainbow pattern. Would 20.00 be enough for each bait? I'm not looking for super artistic job just good enough to fool a fish. And the those Tigers are on fire right now....

I've been trying to send you a PM but I don't think it is working, there is nothing in my sent messages folder.  Can you text me 717-779-7141

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 07:57:16 AM »

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 08:24:12 AM »
I sent you an email but for some reason you must not have gotten it. How about we meet up next week after work. I need some more leaders so I could meet you at Field and Stream around 4:00 next Tuesday. I appreciate you willingness to help me out. I fished Little Buffalo Saturday morning and never even had a follower. Gosh I hate tiger muskies!!!!! But that lake has the best potential of catching a true 50" fish in South Central Pa. I heard they found a 54" that got tangled in line this winter. I'm not a live bait fisherman but I might start.

Tim Jones
717-636-8813 (I don't have service at my house but I can get texts....sometimes)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 08:42:04 AM by jonsie »

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 09:33:09 AM »
I sent you an email but for some reason you must not have gotten it. How about we meet up next week after work. I need some more leaders so I could meet you at Field and Stream around 4:00 next Tuesday. I appreciate you willingness to help me out. I fished Little Buffalo Saturday morning and never even had a follower. Gosh I hate tiger muskies!!!!! But that lake has the best potential of catching a true 50" fish in South Central Pa. I heard they found a 54" that got tangled in line this winter. I'm not a live bait fisherman but I might start.

Tim Jones
717-636-8813 (I don't have service at my house but I can get texts....sometimes)

Sounds good, I'll see you then.   No email either, todd.stough@yahoo.com 

Our creek has a lot of tigers, you see them all over when it is hot and the water is low.  We try and try but the only one i've ever had on was my ultra light rod and the smallest crank bait. 

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 10:03:47 AM »
Sounds good, I'll see you then.   No email either, todd.stough@yahoo.com 

Our creek has a lot of tigers, you see them all over when it is hot and the water is low.  We try and try but the only one i've ever had on was my ultra light rod and the smallest crank bait.

What's crazy about your creek is that they stock more tigers in the creek versus pures in the Juniata. If that is crazy enough - all pics of muskies from your creek have been pure bred muskies. My son caught 3 last year ranging from 36 to 45" and all were pure breds. Tigers have rounder fins with more of a grey color striping where pures have that beautiful silver mixed with gold green brown on top.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 10:03:47 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com