157 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: Amity hall  (Read 553 times)  Share 

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Amity hall
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:43:09 AM »
Since water is so high anybody been putting in Amity Hall and going up the Juniata?  I know under somewhat normal levels itís really shallow going up through there.

Little bit of a drive for me but Iím thinking it might be worth it.  I havenít been there in about 10 years.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Amity hall
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:43:09 AM »

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
Re: Amity hall
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:32:31 AM »
Amity Hall has always been a great area except that it gets beat on by locals and mostly out of staters. You will see a lot of Virginia and Maryland plates there. Not that this is a bad thing - I just prefer to fish were most people don't beatem up so bad.

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 09:45:14 AM »
Thanks, I only fished there in Feb and March and never experienced other boaters. I did not know it was that popular. Is it better during the week?

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:07:53 PM »
Most defiantelyÖYou really see them there when the main push of smallies are coming back up from the statue.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:07:53 PM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
Most defiantelyÖYou really see them there when the main push of smallies are coming back up from the statue.
I never fish weekends up the river. Do you mind telling me when the "push" is to avoid the crowds. If the river normalizes I will be at Muddy Creek Access.

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 08:43:03 AM »
It really depends on river temps usually April to May. This year they were late but last year it was early infact most of the spawn was going on in April 15th. I ususally let them have their "sexy" time but beat them up in the 40 to 55 degree water. They claim they spawn in 60 degree.

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »
Thanks, I only fished there in Feb and March and never experienced other boaters. I did not know it was that popular. Is it better during the week?

I fish that area sometimes during that period but it is for toothy critters like musky and walleye.

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 06:46:22 AM »

I fish that area sometimes during that period but it is for toothy critters like musky and walleye.
Thanks! A buddy of mine suggested going further up, I see there is a launch ramp called Greenwood Access. Any advice on lauching there?

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 06:46:22 AM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 07:43:47 AM »
next one up I think

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 07:43:47 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom