95 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: conodoguinet  (Read 252 times)  Share 

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
conodoguinet
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:35:05 PM »
The smallie bite is on fire today.  Looks like the spawn is on as there are lots of bed fishers.  I caught 5 on spinners and grub, another guy caught at least 2 very large fish and a bass boat had to have caught 2 dozen.  While there 3 river boats came flying up through, they were all headed to the spawn area. 

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

conodoguinet
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:35:05 PM »

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
Re: conodoguinet
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:28:17 AM »
A buddy and I ran 7 miles up the Tuscarora Creek Saturday in Juniata County. This is a small trib about the size of the Shermans Creek maybe a little smaller. All of our fish were spawned out except for 3 fat small females. We only caught 25 or so with only 4 - 18" or better fish. Most fish were normal small creek fish nothing to write home about. Nice scenery and fun 4 wheeling with the jet.

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 11:04:00 AM »
The fish I caught and saw where good size for the creek, nothing massive by river standards..  Sounds like you had a fun day.

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:14:20 PM »
Yeah it was fun. I've run up there before but never that far. There is an old causeway you can't get above. The fish were very temperamental. Would not hit SBT or buzzbaits. The strike zone was very small. Had to throw swimbaits to get them to eat. (I refuse to throw tubes and jigs this time of year)
I wish I knew how to post pics - I havs 2 pics of spawned out beauties. One was caught by a flyfisherman I take out every year. Almost feel bad for them as beat up as they look. Could someone send me an email and post them for me?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:54:16 AM by jonsie »

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:14:20 PM »

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 10:27:09 AM »
Yeah it was fun. I've run up there before but never that far. There is an old causeway you can't get above. The fish were very temperamental. Would not hit SBT or buzzbaits. The strike zone was very small. Had to throw swimbaits to get them to eat. (I refuse to throw tubes and jigs this time of year)
I wish I knew how to post pics - I havs 2 pics of spawned out beauties. One was caught by a flyfisherman I take out every year. Almost feel bad for them as beat up as they look. Could someone send me an email and post them for me?

go to imgur.com and setup an account for free,  then you can upload to their site.  Once that is done click on your library, choose the pick and direct copy link.   

Come back here and use the photo button under the B paste the link in the middle of the img's. 

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 10:27:09 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com