157 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: Muddy Day = A Day at the Lake  (Read 1814 times)  Share 

Offline CatfishJones

• Fishing with Grizzly
Muddy Day = A Day at the Lake
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »
This is long overdue, but my buddy Ty and I finally got out to do some fishing. We figured since the river was a little high and muddy we'd fish a trout stream. No such luck. We opted to head for a local lake nearby and after about 2 hours of putting around not finding anything in the open water, we threw on some bobbers and caught some gills on the little pieces of garlic nightcrawlers we had left. After that...we went to the river. NO LUCK. Instead of going home skunked (gills don't count as solid fish in our book  8) ) we decided to hit a very small lake called Grubb Lake. Story goes that this lake was actually a really old quarry from about 50 years ago. Somehow a spring was hit during digging, and ever since then, it's been a decent fishing spot. Only bad thing is, you're not actually allowed IN the lake. You can't boat, wade, or swim. I think it's silly, but nonetheless we fished it. Of course I only caught a few bluegills (just one of those stinkin' days, ya know?) but my buddy Ty landed this decent largemouth. We were just happy to have caught one because we haven't seen any largemouth landed this year. The picture is below, but man! WHAT. A. FISH! Sadly though, no more after that. This weekend I might try that lake again if the river is still high and muddy. It was still good to get out, but I might just have to start targeting Flatheads until fall if this continues!

Until next time, keep your lines tight, and your drag set!

Keep your lines tight and your drag set!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Muddy Day = A Day at the Lake
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com