Recent

85 Guests, 1 User
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79

07 Apr 2014 - CatFishin' Insanity

I had an awesome afternoon yesterday (Sunday 4/6/14). Last fall and winter, I had picked a few new catfishin' spots to try this spring. Yesterday I hit one of them and struck catfish gold. I never fished this shore before but have looked at it from the hiway for years. It always looked fishy but I never saw anyone fishing it so I really didn't know what to expect. I had my first fish on before I could get my second rod in the water. And that is how it went for the next three hours. I don't think 15 minutes went by between fish the whole time I was there. Most were nice sized with only 2 or 3 that were under the 20 inch mark. A couple were 28 or 29 inchers. I have to toss a tape measure in the bucket. Everyone was caught on fresh cut sucker and chub chunks about one inch pieces. I had to cast out down and across current to get out w/o getting dragged down by the current and most of the fish came on the down river rod. Missed a few of what I thought were smaller cats playing with my bait until I hooked a keeper walleye, now I'm wondering if the nibblers were small walleyes. Just a great time on the river.
FM

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v10

03 Apr 2014 - Smore Channel Cats

Managed a couple hours on the river this morning. Since the rain didn't materialize I took off and after rejecting my first choice headed the truck up river to the Whites Ferry launch. I picked a spot where the ice was firmly attached to the shore and lifted my catch up about five feet to get them where I could handle them. In one of the pics you can see my rod on a ice block in the background there is a huge ice skyscraper balanced in the mud right on shore. I was wishing that I could be there when it toppled and within a minute of the thought over it went just like a glacier calving an iceberg. The action was fast and furious. I had three on shore within 10 minutes of my first cast and didn't have time between to get any pics... the result of that is the, "We Are the Three Amigos" shot. Wish I had more time but I had to be on my way back before noon. All caught on leftover ice fishing bait, chubs, shiners, and suckers.
FM

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.ph
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10565
  • Total Topics: 1367
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 508
  • (November 24, 2018, 09:45:41 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1