Recent

150 Guests, 7 Users

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]

21 Mar 2014 - Catfishin' Time

I love springtime catfishin'. as zziipp mentioned it is probably the very best time to get a monster and you can really catch a mess of them while they are still all bunched up in their wintering holes. I tried a spot where I  figured I could at least get to the water w/o having to use crampons and climb down the ice wall. I didn't have it great, (about a 2 story climb to land each fish, down and back up) but I found a path to the water and was able to land six channel cats in a couple hours. I'm guessing that the two biggest were about 28 inches. They were all skinny from the long harsh winter and will be putting on some pounds over the next couple months to get ready for their spawn. I got them all on cut chub and suckers casting out as far as possible to the current break. Good Luck if you go out! I will be doing as much of it as I can fit in for the next two months at least.
FM

18 Mar 2014 - Ice Out - March 13, 2014

Watched the ice go out this morning 3/13. It let loose over night and was well under way by time I got to West Pittstown at 9 am. It is a week later now and the river has cleared up and the only ice left is piled on shore or chunks floating down that have fallen back into the water from the massive piles that line the shore. The woodies and hooded mergansers are moving up the river looking for mates as they go. As soon as I can find a safe spot to set up I will be testing the catfishing.
SF

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10402
  • Total Topics: 1347
  • Online Today: 165
  • Online Ever: 468
  • (July 28, 2017, 03:46:58 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 150