155 Guests, 7 Users

Author Topic: Fri night cats  (Read 3187 times)  Share 

Offline zziipp

• A LIL LESS BITCHN AND A LOT MORE FISHN. "ZZIIPP"
Fri night cats
« on: September 03, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »
Went with my nephew and his buddy to a spot up river.river is low.no takers on live bait and the liver was no better.there were liver containers all over the shore so I guess it's the bait of choice there.we did have a pack of left over boneless chicken strip and tried that.the cats seem to like that.you had to put it out in the current though for any action.anchoring a boat and keeping the bait there would be the way to go. We got 8 of them. All were pretty decent size. Biggest was around 28".nice night though with a slight breeze.lots of bait fish and cray fish around.tried a couple cray fish too and notta.here's a couple pics enjoy.

WAIST HIGH IN WATER AND KNEE DEEP IN FISH.LIFE IS GOOD.
                          "ZZIIPP"

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Fri night cats
« on: September 03, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »

Offline CowDawg

Re: Fri night cats
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 12:07:40 AM »
Nice fishing catmaster!.. :D

Offline zziipp

• A LIL LESS BITCHN AND A LOT MORE FISHN. "ZZIIPP"
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 03:12:38 AM »
Nice fishing catmaster!.. :D
lol.cd. lots of good cats caught this yr by guys on here.I can't see why some people don't like fishing for them.they are great fighters on med sized equipment.my nephews buddy had 25 lb test on and couldn't come close to the current line.after we caught a couple I pulled out a spool of 12lb.he spooled up with that and got a decent cat.if he wanted heavier poundage line I told him go to braid and get some distance on casting.but fms got the right idea.it's hard to keep or get to the deeper current spots and hold bait in that spot from shore.they loved that raw chicken though.I did get one on my secret live bait though.most guys would never think of using one but man the cats crush em on certain nights.
WAIST HIGH IN WATER AND KNEE DEEP IN FISH.LIFE IS GOOD.
                          "ZZIIPP"

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »
A NICE NITE INDEED,CATMASTER!!!!!2016 WINNER ;)
AT LEAST YOU STILL LANDING A FEW. :)
IM GUNNA GIVE IT A SHOT TONITE,,RIVER IS SO LOW,NOT TOO MANY SPOTS TO FISH.......

I USE 10LB,LINE,,NEVER HAD 1 BREAK OFF......
IVE GOTTEN THEM CLOSE TO 32" TOO.....

ILL TELL YOU WHAT,,,,I WATCHED A FEW FLATHEAD VIDEOS YESTERDAY BEFORE I WENT TO A PARTY..
I NEED TUFFER RODS AND,STRONGER LINE,,MAYBE BRAID BEFORE I GO AFTER THEM BIGBOYS!!!!!!
GOTTA UPP THE HOOK THICKNESS TOO......

MY SURF RODS WOULD BE NICE BUT,1 IS 13' AND THE OTHER 12' TOO LONG........ :'(
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 11:04:54 PM »
nice fish zipp keepim coming please

Offline beernut

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »
Nice cats looks like it was a fun night.  The guys who don't like to fish for them don't know what they are missing.  I had a small 18" cat try to drag my rod in the river last night.   I've been fishing all year with chicken breasts it works really great.  We had a family pack of breasts that expired before we got around to cooking it so figured I'd give it a try. A little hint the Wegmans family pack are individually packaged so it makes it easy to take only what you need have them frozen and take them out before you go.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com