61 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: entry points for a wading smallmouth fisherman  (Read 657 times)  Share 

Offline bjones

• River Rat
entry points for a wading smallmouth fisherman
« on: July 17, 2017, 05:34:46 AM »
Am brand new to this forum but very happy to have found it. I live in Scranton. I fish by wading. and I'm looking for good spots to get onto the river within reasonable distance. A friend told me about a spot in Pittston by a cemetary; have gone there a few times, but no luck at all. keep hearing there are good spots in Tunkhannuck but don't know exactly where or how to enter river from there. Can someone help? and what are best go too lures for smallies on river?
thanks a ton!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

entry points for a wading smallmouth fisherman
« on: July 17, 2017, 05:34:46 AM »

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
Re: entry points for a wading smallmouth fisherman
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:25:59 AM »
The Harding area of Route 92 from apple tree up or down is great waiting there is an apple tree launch.
It's a few miles up river from the start of 92.
A few miles further up is a launch under the falls bridge.the opposite side of the River there is a good area.the tracks side.
Both areas hold smallies,CATS and eyes.
I use livebait mostly when I do safe.
Baby bass crankbaits and black tube jigs are some of my favorite lures to use good luck
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:48:01 PM »
Not in your area, so access points I am going to be no help with. But I have had tremendous success with the small cotton cordell big o's, rapala x raps, Berkley gulp minnows 3" smelt or watermelon pearl, Berkley gulp hellgrammites "clippers", 3" also in black or green pumpkin, Heddon tiny torpedos. Talk to you local bait shops too, they are tremendous for info. 

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
Not in your area, so access points I am going to be no help with. But I have had tremendous success with the small cotton cordell big o's, rapala x raps, Berkley gulp minnows 3" smelt or watermelon pearl, Berkley gulp hellgrammites "clippers", 3" also in black or green pumpkin, Heddon tiny torpedos. Talk to you local bait shops too, they are tremendous for info.
brother I agree those Berkley gulp 3-inch Clippers are awesome I use the same colors black and the green I like the black and red also great artificial catches as many as live if not more
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »

Offline bjones

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 04:01:19 AM »
Guys, Thanks much! great info. and i certainly welcome any other info from you or others. I am determined to find way to catch (and release!) smallies on the river, but i need lots of help.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 04:01:19 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2014 SuskyFishers.com