87 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: water clarity  (Read 481 times)  Share 

Offline whopperplopper

• River Rat
water clarity
« on: August 19, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »
me and the wife would like to hit the river in the morning, just wondering if anyone could tell me what the river looks like at the swatara creek launch near the airport runway. Thanks

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

water clarity
« on: August 19, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »

Offline afishinado

• River Rat
Re: water clarity
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:49:58 AM »
me and the wife would like to hit the river in the morning, just wondering if anyone could tell me what the river looks like at the swatara creek launch near the airport runway. Thanks

I fished the River above Harrisburg just below the where the Juniata meets the Susky (Duncannon).  A little off color where the Juniata comes in, but it clears up a mile or two below.  A nasty T-storm came through in the evening, when we we're taking out.  But other than that, I would expect the River to be in decent shape with flow and clarity. 

Good luck fishing.

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »
When I was coming home from Lancaster, on the t pike yesterday. The swatara was high and chocolate milk. I was up around ft hunter last night and it was dark, but had 18-24" of visibility at least. The storms went south of Harrisburg on friday

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 08:15:22 PM »
On the way back from my hunting land today I passed apple tree boat launch there wasn't a parking spot to be had
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 08:15:22 PM »

Offline mikegiangiacomo

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:41:42 AM »
I checked the river level at 4 AM on 8/19 and it was 3.8 at Harrisburg.  Went to the  Middletown launch and the Swatara Creek was a mess.
The dock was not even there.  Don't if PFC took it or it washed away. drove over to Goldsboro and launched there.  Once in the river everything was fine.
Caught  a few.  Checked out the East bank and the flow from the Swatty looked like coffee with cream.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:41:42 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2014 SuskyFishers.com