91 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Susky boating help  (Read 302 times)  Share 

Offline miller17015

• River Rat
Susky boating help
« on: March 22, 2018, 12:30:48 PM »
Last year i bought a new 16' stryker semi V with 20hp outboard prop. Now i went on the susky near liverpool couple times but really cant use the motor since it is almost 1 foot below the bow of the boat i can tilt it an go very slow to troll up then i guide with my trolling motor back down as we fish for smallies but that is about it and i dont want to damage my motor. I cant even find prop guards for my motor but i want to get into some catfishing this year and trying to find any help on areas were the water is little deeper then 2' for cats or smallies or anything really we catch and release I fish mostly for the sport and only get out a few times a month. Where we have been fishing there are shelves so one second its 4' the next your not leaning to drift over a outcroping on 1' deep. Its stressful to say the least i would like to find a area to fish that isnt so bad any info? Didnt really think about a river boat with a jet until we started going to the river the reason i went with a 20hp prop was the local lakes have restrictions.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Susky boating help
« on: March 22, 2018, 12:30:48 PM »

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Re: Susky boating help
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:09:57 PM »
Where do you live? ...

...and how far are you willing to trailer?

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline miller17015

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 01:47:57 PM »
im about 25 min from harrisburg so anything within an hour or little over of harrisburg i guess, if there is a good day of relaxing fishing i dont mind a drive

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 06:09:38 PM »
im about 25 min from harrisburg so anything within an hour or little over of harrisburg i guess, if there is a good day of relaxing fishing i dont mind a drive

Not sure where 25 min from Hburg is...but I have a few suggestions.

South of Hburg you have the pools in the river called Lake Clark and Lake Aldred. This article discusses those areas and the boat accesses that are available.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/a-boater-s-guide-to-getting-on-the-susquehanna-river/article_3a5ac63a-f1a2-11e3-9b4f-001a4bcf6878.html

North of Hburg I can suggest using the Shady Nook ramp just above Selinsgrove giving you acess to the power plant at Hummels Wharf.

Shikellamy State Park  (Sunbury PA) has a deep area above the Fabridam (when it is inflated all summer) called Lake Augusta.

Props can be used in all these areas.

Bill

The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 06:09:38 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com