86 Guests, 7 Users

Author Topic: Berwick launch  (Read 449 times)  Share 

Online 1iarrowking

• River Rat
Berwick launch
« on: May 26, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »
The Bloomsburg gauge puts the river at 5.7 feet on Mon which is better than the 6.5 feet on my last trip.  I was thinking about launching at Berwick since it's 8 miles less than Bloomsburg.  Anyone have any info on this part of the river?
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Berwick launch
« on: May 26, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »

Online 1iarrowking

• River Rat
Re: Berwick launch
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:18:12 AM »
Towed to Berwick for the first time.  The water was high and muddy.  My first impression was what a nice clean park then I backed down the ramp.  I backed to the water and my back roller was still 6 or 7 inches above the water so I pulled out and strapped it down to continue on to Bloomsburg.  As I was pulling out a guy drove in and asked if I had any trouble getting the boat out and I told him I never put it in.  He said his trailer is a lot lower than mine and his boat is smaller and he has trouble.  He also said if the water is low you back off a one foot ledge.  He said it's a shame they spent all that money for a beautiful park and a concrete ramp that's only good for low trailers and small light boats.

The older I get, the better I used to be.

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 12:52:16 PM »
... I backed to the water and my back roller was still 6 or 7 inches above the water so I pulled out and strapped it down to continue on to Bloomsburg.  ...He said it's a shame they spent all that money for a beautiful park and a concrete ramp that's only good for low trailers and small light boats.

Same problem at the Isle of Que ramp and the Mahantango ramp (west side of river). Nice cement ramps... but when the water gets low...only small trailers work unless you back out into the river.

Shady Nook has a new ramp also but it has a drop off problem when the water gets low...have to be careful your trailer doesn't hang up...seen it happen to several big trailers.

Maybe fishermen need to design the ramps?

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 12:52:16 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com