92 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Did anyone get out this weekend?  (Read 450 times)  Share 

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
Did anyone get out this weekend?
« on: May 28, 2018, 06:35:50 AM »
I had a long weekend off work and managed to hit Pinchot and the conodoguinet a couple times.  Going to Pinchot this morning too.  The creek was pretty decent, caught a few small fish.  My wife and I were also trying out the new fly rod and had a nice one on until it tore the leader.  Hope you guys are having a good one.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Did anyone get out this weekend?
« on: May 28, 2018, 06:35:50 AM »

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
Re: Did anyone get out this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
Hit the conodoguinet Saturday and Sunday  evenings, caught a few also. Today I decided to go to the conewago. Got there put the waders on, and realized I left my vest with all gear in it at home. Did stop on the way there to get a couple of new spinners. 2 of which were to light for the current. on the 2nd cast with the spinner that would work. The knot gave out, and I watched it go right where I wanted it to go. Havent had a knot give out in several years.

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 04:35:08 PM »
Caught a few wading this afternoon...
But the water was “kayak-o-mania”  :o

Hopefully tomorrow everyone will be back to work and I can have some peace and quiet  ;) :)

Water temp was 64 F
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:38:32 PM by DRY »
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 07:54:49 PM »
Hit the conodoguinet Saturday and Sunday  evenings, caught a few also. Today I decided to go to the conewago. Got there put the waders on, and realized I left my vest with all gear in it at home. Did stop on the way there to get a couple of new spinners. 2 of which were to light for the current. on the 2nd cast with the spinner that would work. The knot gave out, and I watched it go right where I wanted it to go. Havent had a knot give out in several years.

That's a bummer buddy.. Hate when that happens.  You'll have to help me with an entry point to that creek. 

We went to Pinchot again today and caught a bunch of fish.  My daughter snagged a huge shad, it must have been 13 inches. 

A guy in his 50's had a heart attack while out on his bass boat with his wife, at least I think that is what happened.  That was rough to watch, feeling pretty helpless to do anything but call for help.  Luckily another guy jumped from his boat onto theirs and drove it back to the launch and everyone did their best to help out.  The other thing, if you're at a park, know the phone number for the office..  Also the response time was pretty terrible, we were next to the office and it took at least 10 minutes for anyone to get there. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:59:22 PM by Brewguy »

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 07:54:49 PM »

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 09:34:30 PM »
Will do, maybe we can get Dry to come down. He has memories of the conewago 8)

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 09:34:30 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com