180 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: Abrasion resistance help  (Read 401 times)

Online Brewguy

• River Rat
Abrasion resistance help
« on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:48 AM »
Hey guys.  This spot I'm fishing is loaded with hybrid strippers.  The problem is about 10 feet out there is concrete and they seem to know if they dart sideways it cuts your line.  I lost two big fish last night.  I'm using 30 pound braid and when it hits that concrete it might as well be sewing thread.   Does anyone have tips for dealing with something like this?  I have some 25lb mono that I use for catfish leader, think if I put 20 feet or so on it will do any better?  I can try to horse them past the concrete but like I said the instant the braid touches it cuts. 

Those hybrids sure fight hard, I want to get the kids hooked up with one. 

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Abrasion resistance help
« on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:48 AM »

Offline icemole

• River Rat
Re: Abrasion resistance help
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 05:41:13 PM »
 They generally don't run for cover at my local lake. Hook up near shore and they take off for the open water. Any chance you can change your location so the fish can run without going by the concrete?

I did catch 1 that swam on the "wrong" side of a dock post once(dock wasn't in yet). Could feel the line rubbing on it but it held and suprisingly he swam back in on the same side.....  WHEW !   6lb Stren Clear Blue - 8lb hybrid....but I don't recommend that fight . He about spooled me first till I turned him... LOL.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Re: Abrasion resistance help
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 05:41:13 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com