174 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: Disappoinment  (Read 936 times)  Share 

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
Re: Disappoinment
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 07:02:31 PM »
I have been told about stonecatties for years, and never fished them. Is it possible to buy them, in bait shops. The only ones I have ever witnessed, were the artificial ones dry has posted using. I really would like to try some, but have no idea where to look for them in the river or stream or what they look like. Now Brewguy texted me last night and said 1 of the tribs in our neck of the woods is still hot. Are any of you guys finding that to be the way up north also?

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 07:02:31 PM »

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »
I have been told about stonecatties for years, and never fished them. Is it possible to buy them, in bait shops. The only ones I have ever witnessed, were the artificial ones dry has posted using. I really would like to try some, but have no idea where to look for them in the river or stream or what they look like. Now Brewguy texted me last night and said 1 of the tribs in our neck of the woods is still hot. Are any of you guys finding that to be the way up north also?

Tribs here are too low. Might find some holes floating the creek but I cannot wade it in summer.

We use to catch a few madtoms in tribs or shallow parts of the river with a seine net and 2 guys...one holding the net and the other kicking up rocks and gravel.

http://pafisherman.com/index.php?threads/stonecats.1592/

The artificial variety can be fished very successfully. You can find them by doing a search for "artificial stone catties".

Bill

The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com