141 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: Members  (Read 517 times)  Share 

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Members
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »
I noticed that membership hit the 1000 mark. That's a lot of people...yet only a few people post about their experiences.

Why? Ideas?

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Members
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
Re: Members
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:39:21 PM »
I have become very pessimistic about giving out to much info. I truly feel, and I apologize if I sound rude, but there are vultures circling these boards. I have become very comfortable with the regulars, that participate in these posts. I have also shared a spot or 2 with 1 in my neck of the woods. After watching and listening for an extended period of time. Maybe I am a bit more paranoid, but the bank fishing where I spend my time. I have seen a very large upswing in visitors over the past couple of seasons. There used to be myself, and 2 other regulars that frequented it. Now I see several new faces 2-3xs a month now. Its kind of like for me, was there another shooter on the green. I really feel people are looking for a quick simple way to easy fishing. Or they are insecure about their capabilities, and feel they may sound stupid. 1 last thought about the vultures circling. It is easier to let someone else do the leg work, and then just go mimic where and what they are using. To potentially have their own success. I have also had a conversation with 1 other member, name to be withheld, who extended an olive branch and shared a spot or 2. Now it has backfired in his face, with his spots locations being overpopulated now. Sorry if my directness, or paranoia, is offensive.

Offline zeb

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:56:11 AM »
If 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the fishermen, then few of us have much to post about. In the off chance that I get lucky, I'll remember this thread, but it could be a long wait.

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »
I have become very pessimistic about giving out to much info.

I can relate to what your saying, especially being a bank fisherman.  There are only so many good spots.  I too have seen more boats in the couple of spots where Harry and me have done well in the past.  However in that one spot by the apartments, the competition doesn't usually stick around very long.  If the gauge is 4.3 or less you can't fish it without bouncing off of rocks.  I wouldn't want to fish it in a .093 thick hull.  Even though I'm not worried about my hull, we still have to pay attention to what the trolling motor will hit.  I broke one shaft off last year.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 04:20:38 PM »
Laziness IMO.
FM

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 07:58:28 PM »
I check in everyday.Here and Pa fishers.
I haven't hit the water in over 5 weeks.I was just telling Freddy and king perch that yesterday.
New job,2 Deaths in the family,and I had 1 of my 3 dogs die.
Cutting grass on the side,rain has me way behind.
I've  all ways posted my trips in the past.
I just haven't had any trips to post about.
Sucks,but that's the way it is.
I do enjoy  reading all the trips you guys post.
A BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU ALL 8)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:04:46 PM by chez »
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline brownmk19

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »
I've just had a pretty busy summer and haven't been able to get out a lot, been working a lot too. I had plans to fish the past couple weeks on the river, but the high water put the brakes on that plan. About a month ago, I did do some tributary stream fishing for smallest, but an evening of fishing only yielded a couple decent bass. As soon as the river is flushable again, I'm planning on trying it out for summertime cats. I've got a different technique in mind and I've got an area that I think it will work well in........that's my story. Hope everybody gets back on the water shortly!

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 05:36:41 PM »
You gotta share that Technique mike 8)
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 05:36:41 PM »

Offline brownmk19

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 01:35:29 PM »
Don't want to stray too far off topic, but I wanted to try drifting cut bait for summertime cats, as opposed to still fishing on the bottom. I set up a slip float rig designed to drift bait 5-6' down, depth being adjustable of course. I've found summer channel cats in the moderate depths, in moderate current downstream of a faster riffle area. FM and I had a blast last summer fishing live bait on the bottom for cats at night. Just trying to add another technique to my toolbox, I've read some In-Fisherman articles on slip float drifting for summertime cats and that inspired me to give it a whirl. I've got a particular stretch of river I've got in mind to try it out. Now I just need it to stop raining every day so I can put the fishing kayak on the water and give it a whirl. When I go, I will post my results here

Offline beernut

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 10:38:42 AM »
Don't want to stray too far off topic, but I wanted to try drifting cut bait for summertime cats, as opposed to still fishing on the bottom. I set up a slip float rig designed to drift bait 5-6' down, depth being adjustable of course. I've found summer channel cats in the moderate depths, in moderate current downstream of a faster riffle area. FM and I had a blast last summer fishing live bait on the bottom for cats at night. Just trying to add another technique to my toolbox, I've read some In-Fisherman articles on slip float drifting for summertime cats and that inspired me to give it a whirl. I've got a particular stretch of river I've got in mind to try it out. Now I just need it to stop raining every day so I can put the fishing kayak on the water and give it a whirl. When I go, I will post my results here

I've' been think about trying something like that since I just got a kayak.  I like catfishing from the kayak the river is down since you can move easily if your not getting bites. This guy has some great information on drift fishing and dragging.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 10:38:42 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com