96 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: Crappy Summer  (Read 769 times)  Share 

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Crappy Summer
« on: August 20, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »
I'm ready for this crappy summer to be over. Somebody stick a fork in it please! Missing day after day of fishing time, it's adding up to weeks of down time. Watched the river gauges since last week, saw that the level in WB was going to hit 9 feet this evening and know than I can anchor along shore at that level. Get to the Union launch tonight and there is a huge tree fallen right across the ramp. Not that it would have made a difference there was 2 inches of snot slick mud covering the parking lot and ramp I would have slid into the water if I had tried it. I'm calling the PFBC in the morning to let them know about the obstruction. There is a reason that my favorite colors are the brown of dead leaves and the white of snow.
FM

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Crappy Summer
« on: August 20, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
Re: Crappy Summer
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 11:52:48 PM »
fm you could float the queen mary down the Schuylkill, the season might be over

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »
My first snowmobile was a 73 Artic Cat and the last one was a 98 Polaris which I sold about 10 years ago so I no longer care for the white of snow.  It's just a pain in the ass to plow and shovel.  The biggest pain anymore is putting the chains on my 4600 John Deere.  I still like the autumn leaves though.  Lets me know it's time to fill the freezer.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Offline shiver318

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 01:49:55 PM »
I agree, worst summer for river fishing that I can remember. Hoping for a good fall bite once this river gets about 4ft. lower!

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 01:49:55 PM »

Online Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:18:48 PM »
I don't know where exactly they are fishing but guys seem to be doing great with catfish.  maybe you guys want to change up.

Offline zeb

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 07:23:23 PM »
This used to be the season for low water conditions, August heat, and wet wading.

Offline brownmk19

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
Amen to that! I've been disgusted with the weather this summer too. If it hasn't been ungodly hot and humid, it's been torrential rain and high water. I've been hoping to get out for cats this summer, but the river levels just haven't really cooperated. All this rain has me looking forward to chasing tip up flags on a windswept lake this winter. Hopefully, the rain will lay off and we'll have a good Fall bite for bass and walleye. Fingers crossed. I'm still hoping on getting a trip in for channel cats before the cooler weather sets in.

Offline FM

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 01:28:05 PM »
I just called the PFBC in Sweet Valley to report the tree over the Union Launch ramp. I expected to find that they were already aware of it, that they had a back log of problems and they would get to it when they found time. However, they hadn't heard, the guy who answered was going to pass it on the the maintenance crew and the enforcement staff so maybe it will get cleaned up sooner rather than later.
FM

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 01:28:05 PM »

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 07:57:11 AM »
on wens. I caught a 22 in. largemouth on a buzzbait, at the local res. no smallies, but 5 largies over 20 in. jf7

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 12:11:31 PM »
Hi agree.
Summer sucked.
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline Candyman

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 10:46:26 PM »
Think of it this way, the fish are growing faster without the fishing pressure.  That can actually be a good thing and make next year even that better.

Offline FM

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 10:08:50 AM »
Think of it this way, the fish are growing faster without the fishing pressure.  That can actually be a good thing and make next year even that better.

Maybe, definitely seeing less pressure. I will be out chasing them up to ice up. Then breaking out the tip ups and jig rods, it a 4 season sport for me.
FM

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 10:08:50 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com