96 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: Giving Credit Where it is Due  (Read 765 times)  Share 

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
Giving Credit Where it is Due
« on: August 24, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
It's no secret that I'm a pretty big critic of the PFBC but I like to be fair about things too. Earlier this week:

I just called the PFBC in Sweet Valley to report the tree over the Union Launch ramp. I expected to find that they were already aware of it, that they had a back log of problems and they would get to it when they found time. However, they hadn't heard, the guy who answered was going to pass it on the the maintenance crew and the enforcement staff so maybe it will get cleaned up sooner rather than later.FM

That was on Wednesday last evening I stopped by the Union Launch on my way to Shickshinny and was thunderstruck to see that the maintenance crew had cleared the fallen tree and plowed the two inch thick deposit of mud in the lot to the sides. So THANK YOU PFBC job well done!
FM

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Giving Credit Where it is Due
« on: August 24, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »

Offline shiver318

• River Rat
Re: Giving Credit Where it is Due
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 03:23:26 PM »
THANK YOU TO ALL!

Offline zeb

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »
Same at Apple Tree Access too. Looks like the mud was plowed into the river.

Offline dretallack

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:19:58 PM »
I am sure this years rains are like a snowy pattern for Penn DOT. I am sure some of these crews are looking forward to the snowy cold season, so they can get a break for once. Stopped by the ole fishing hole just for a glance tonight. 2 weeks ago when things were moderately high, there was a rather large tree hung up on a rock. Tonight there was no tree. When I use the term tree, this thing was probably 42" high and 2 sub compact suv's long, it was huge. So we as we all know, went from moderately high to really high. Lets hope it slows down from here out. I also ran into a guy who works for the susq river basin commission. They were in Lancaster county on Wednesday, due to the rains they got Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. They counted 8 cows , several pigs and sheep that got caught in the flash flooding and drowned. This has been ridiclious this year. But as other have said, Thank You to the clean up crews.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:19:58 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com