96 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Winter pictures November 2018  (Read 375 times)  Share 

Offline Heavyduty

• River Rat
Winter pictures November 2018
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:52:33 AM »
DRY, may I be so bold as to ask you to post some pictures of today's snow storm in your area? I always enjoying seeing the Susky, smallies, and the Selinsgrove area in the pictures you share. Thanks in advance!

HD
Galatians 2:20

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Winter pictures November 2018
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:52:33 AM »

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Re: Winter pictures November 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:12:16 PM »
Well...Winter has arrived...and I am ambivalent about it.  ::)  >:(  ;)  :)

I have always loved fishing for smallmouth in the snow. But...considering that I haven't caught a smallmouth in 3 weeks where I fish (and I've tried)...there is no way I would fish for them now along the Que.

But...my bluebirds are back. There were seven of them in the feeder box outside the kitchen window right after the snow started. So here are a few snow pictures from the warmth of my house.

Bill

The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline Heavyduty

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 05:44:39 PM »
NICE! Cool pic of the one with the mealworm in its' mouth and the one flying in. I use to enjoy the winter and to an extent still do, but as I age the cold seems to be colder with each passing year. I do love to watch it snow; the peace, the quiet, watching nature still hard at work though. It's the salted roadways and muck as it melts that's the downside.

Ya'll still supposed to get 8"-12" before all said and done? Just a cold/windy rain here in central VA. Got 1.5" total so far but has tapered to heavy mist now.

Watched a facebook live video of Joe Raymond fishing down towards Harrisburg around mid-day today. They were catching them but they were covered in snow with cold fingers!

I appreciate your pics, thanks!

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »
...Watched a facebook live video of Joe Raymond fishing down towards Harrisburg around mid-day today. They were catching them but they were covered in snow with cold fingers!...

Fished (waded) 2 winters with Joe Raymond here on the Que when he was only a pipefitter who fished. I think he came up from the Elizabethtown area. Enjoyed those times with him.

Now he's a professional guide. He's young!! He's crazy for boats and fish!! More power to him.

Bill
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:06:20 PM by DRY »
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 04:56:56 PM »
Got a link for that video, Heavyduty.  I got six inches.  Still looking for a buck and I'm running out of time.  I passed up this ten, well now he's a nine and a half pointer, and some eight's.  They need a year or two to grow.  A shooter ten passed me twice yesterday at 30 yards but he was chasing a doe and wouldn't stop.  I think I mentioned before that the date and time are right but both my cameras are locked on 2006??

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:34:47 PM by 1iarrowking »
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Offline Heavyduty

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »
Got a link for that video, Heavyduty.

I can't find it. I looked on his page and his guide page but it's not there anymore. It was a Facebook Live video. 

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com