112 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: Anybody fishing?  (Read 862 times)  Share 

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Anybody fishing?
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »
Anybody fishing?
The Susquehanna near me is on the way down from 15-16 feet...still running rather fast although I did see some boats out yesterday in the Harrisburg area.

Today was rather cloudy, 40F air temp in the AM with 40F water...with the faster, higher receding water and the lower water temp the smallmouth were still in their winter mode where I was today. Lotsa carp stacked along the shore today.

Tried tubes, trick worms and wacky worms but the only success I had was deadsticking smaller profile baits in quiet shoreline areas.

Picked up 5 fish...with 4 running between 2.5 and 3 pounds

Spring is coming!! Warming up later this week.

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Anybody fishing?
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »

Offline Heavyduty

• River Rat
Re: Anybody fishing?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 01:47:49 PM »
Gonna be on the Susky next week Wed-Sat. Hope to get out this Wed and Thursday on my local river.
Galatians 2:20

Offline shiver318

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 02:07:38 PM »
Susky pretty high and cloudy over the weekend, should be fishable later in the week. I got a tub of chicken liver to feed to some catfish!

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »
bill you are my hero jf7

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 08:27:49 AM »
We were out 3/20 my buddy had about 4 fish (swim bait and willie wannabe) I had one on small hair jig. My buddy had about 20 the day before.

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 06:40:03 PM »
I am going to licking creek this sat. to fish for trout, supposed to be nice weather, I don't keep them though jf7

Offline Brewguy

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 01:00:41 PM »
I was out at the local creek on Wednesday night and managed a nice (for the creek) smallie on a size 4 spinner.  It was definitely moving slow and the creek was high and fast, I was surprised. 

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 07:46:38 PM »
I am going to licking creek this sat. to fish for trout, supposed to be nice weather, I don't keep them though jf7
I was working today in Quakertown. And I was on the John fries Highway
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 07:46:38 PM »

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 09:53:43 PM »
john fries was my dad chez

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 10:52:49 AM »
john fries was my dad chez
Did they name the Highway after him?
Cool. 8)
I've been working a lot down south as of late the river looks awsome down that way.selingsgrove,Harrisburg. I'm GUNNA fish it there this season.that Danville boat club area looks nice also.
Looks like a nice Catfish Area.
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline shiver318

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 10:12:50 AM »
I fished the Berwick area for five hours yesterday and for the first time this year got the big stink!  It does a body good to get skunked once in awhile!

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »
I fished the Berwick area for five hours yesterday and for the first time this year got the big stink!  It does a body good to get skunked once in awhile!

I went there once last spring and with the truck backed right to the water the boat was still 8 inches from the water.  The water wasn't even low.  Went down stream to Bloomsburg, which is a nice ramp.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »

Offline shiver318

• River Rat
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 12:47:28 PM »
I live about half way between the Bloomsburg and Berwick launches and use them often as possible. Berwick is easier when you can wade out to your knees to launch by your lonesome, I take along hip boots for colder water. Bloomsburg is a very nice launch with a little back current, Union Station launch up river above Shickshinny is a very good one also. The launch up at the Garden Drive-in usually requires a fishing buddy to drive the boat on and off the trailer as your backed out in the river to launch. Biggest problem lately is the mud from the up and down river. Hopefully the rain gods will be kinder this year!

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 12:08:15 AM »
no chez there must have been another john fries

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 10:12:54 AM »
I live about half way between the Bloomsburg and Berwick launches and use them often as possible. Berwick is easier when you can wade out to your knees to launch by your lonesome, I take along hip boots for colder water. Bloomsburg is a very nice launch with a little back current, Union Station launch up river above Shickshinny is a very good one also. The launch up at the Garden Drive-in usually requires a fishing buddy to drive the boat on and off the trailer as your backed out in the river to launch. Biggest problem lately is the mud from the up and down river. Hopefully the rain gods will be kinder this year!
My Rockproof is heavier than I want to try and handle by hand in current.  The empty hull is 1200, the motor 400 and gas, batteries and gear easy get up to a ton.  I let it roll off with the motor running and drive it back on.  I used Bloomsburg a lot in the spring when the season was closed at Harrisburg but since you will now be able to fish the lower 98 I doubt that I'll be making that horrible tow up 309 anymore.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 10:12:54 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com