146 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Location suggestions for Harrisburg area?  (Read 637 times)  Share 

Offline 1eyeTy

• River Rat
Location suggestions for Harrisburg area?
« on: June 11, 2019, 01:18:35 PM »
Afternoon all, I'm going to be taking my nephew's out on the susky soon and wanted to get any location tips since I have only been on the river once down there. That was put in at Fishing Creek and going up towards the Statue.

They live in Camphill and I'm using a Jon boat with 20hp prop.

Any other tips would be appreciated. They haven't had much experience so I'd like to get them in some fish to get them interested.

1eyety

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Location suggestions for Harrisburg area?
« on: June 11, 2019, 01:18:35 PM »

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
Re: Location suggestions for Harrisburg area?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 11:18:36 PM »
I mostly fish out of city island.  I was there last week at 6.3 feet and the water was dirty.  See my thread in the Smallmouth topic.  The gauge is now at 4.6 and staying there through Friday.  This is a depth I like if the water clears up and I hope to give it a try Thur. or Fri. but I have a jet on a Rockproof.  Be wery wery careful where you put that prop at that depth.  Last week there still were no channel markers out leaving the ramp.  I broke the shaft on a brand new Ultrex trolling motor right at City Island a couple of years ago.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Offline 1eyeTy

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 08:48:38 PM »
Thanks for the information. I fish the Juniata up in Lewistown area so I'm very familiar with the rocks. I tend to keep the motor tilted and not locked down with slow speeds. I've never fished city island area so maybe that would be good.

Guess just have to go and see what shakes loose.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 08:48:38 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com