146 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Summertime Cats?  (Read 517 times)  Share 

Offline brownmk19

• River Rat
Summertime Cats?
« on: July 06, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »
Anybody been out this summer for channel cats? The fishing usually slacks off a bit in July as the cats are usually spawning now. The fishing seems to rebound by August. I'll be out during August targeting them from the boat with live bait, hopefully I will find some good ones......maybe even a flathead!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Summertime Cats?
« on: July 06, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »

Offline John Wojo

• River Rat
Re: Summertime Cats?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 07:54:15 AM »
I went out from the Shickshinny launch on July 5th from 7-10:30 PM.   We fished a hole I marked the day before while fishing for small mouth.  The hole didn't hold any monsters, but the action was non stop.  First night trip on my boat and definitely not the last.  Only downside was dodging a couple dobson flies that really took a liking to me! 

Offline brownmk19

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 11:50:30 AM »
Nice!

The area around the Shickshinny launch is definitely a good area for cats! I've caught some very nice fish in that area, and I personally witnessed a solid 31" channel cat that was caught and released in that general vicinity. Some nice deep water too. I have yet to launch my boat out of there, but I've checked it out and the launch looks pretty decent, protected from the current which is nice. I'll definitely be giving it a try in August. I've only ever shore fished in that area. Summertime Cats are so much fun!

Haven't heard from our resident catfish expert in a while. Are you out there, FM? ;D 8)

Offline John Wojo

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 10:00:27 AM »
Ya there's definitely some nice water worth exploring down there.  It was my first time using that launch and I didn't have any issues.  I usually use the Hunlock Creek launch a couple miles upriver.  I think I saw FM launching a time or two at the Hunlock launch when I was pulling out. The person mentioned flat heads so I assume it was him.  I was going to ask if he was FM from the Susky Fishers forum but I didn't. 

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 10:00:27 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com