150 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: Heat just broke  (Read 680 times)  Share 

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Heat just broke
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:13:56 AM »
Had two shirts on last night. They were hitting the square bills hard! Nice fish no dinks. Rough water heading out below Muddy Creek. Calmed down at dark.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Heat just broke
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:13:56 AM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Re: Heat just broke
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 07:39:34 AM »

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 08:10:16 AM »
Looks more like it's just heating up  ;) ;D !!
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 10:29:51 AM »
Looks more like it's just heating up  ;) ;D !!
True!  ;)
I am not catching big numbers but the sizes are getting nice. I also had a nice fish on a swim jig. I am using Yamamoto swim shad as trailer and everytime they tear the tail off. I am going to have to see what Z-man has. BTW Bill got the book "River of Dreams" today. Should be a good read with my morning coffee!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 11:32:18 AM by Phil Sweeney »

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 10:29:51 AM »

Offline shiver318

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 07:24:05 PM »
The bite is finally picking up for me for the last few days. Switched from swimbaits back to dark pumpkin seed tubes and started catching larger SM, a few in the 18" to 20" range. Things are improving, hope it lasts.

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 07:55:59 AM »
Last night ended up being a little slow for me. But I was glad to be out. Did a quick overhaul on the carb yesterday, because thursday night I had a 3.2 mile trip back on trolling motor  >:(
I could tell it wasn't getting gas because I could not smell any!

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 10:21:55 AM »
True!  ;)
I am not catching big numbers but the sizes are getting nice. I also had a nice fish on a swim jig. I am using Yamamoto swim shad as trailer and everytime they tear the tail off. I am going to have to see what Z-man has. BTW Bill got the book "River of Dreams" today. Should be a good read with my morning coffee!
Correction Keitech trailer

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 08:50:31 AM »
Last night ended up being a little slow for me. But I was glad to be out. Did a quick overhaul on the carb yesterday, because thursday night I had a 3.2 mile trip back on trolling motor  >:(
I could tell it wasn't getting gas because I could not smell any!

Been there and it sucks! My buddy ran out of gas when we were 10 miles above the ramp. Not a terrible thing cause we were upstream but it was Dec 29th and we fished until dark. It made for a long cold trip back.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 08:50:31 AM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 08:39:00 AM »

Been there and it sucks! My buddy ran out of gas when we were 10 miles above the ramp. Not a terrible thing cause we were upstream but it was Dec 29th and we fished until dark. It made for a long cold trip back.
I was lucky with no wind or significant current. I saw one boat, I did not whistle because I could tell I was going to make it. 20HP merc. I already had added a water seperating filter. I then added a regular filter after the overhaul. That is two times I had carb problems this year.

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 09:33:24 AM »
I was lucky with no wind or significant current. I saw one boat, I did not whistle because I could tell I was going to make it. 20HP merc. I already had added a water seperating filter. I then added a regular filter after the overhaul. That is two times I had carb problems this year.

Do you add the blue marine Stabil to your gas?  You should.  I'd really like to try your nook of the river because I sure haven't had any luck at Harrisburg but it's a long crappy tow.

The older I get, the better I used to be.

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 11:05:16 AM »
Do you add the blue marine Stabil to your gas?  You should.  I'd really like to try your nook of the river because I sure haven't had any luck at Harrisburg but it's a long crappy tow.
I have not been using it. I have. And every spring I give my neighbor the left over gas. Just curious what you may believe the stabil does? I concluded the problem was some particulate. Will stabil dissolve that?

FYI I am so paranoid about gas I only put 3 gallons in my 6 gallon tank each time. My thought is I never have old fuel.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:13:10 AM by Phil Sweeney »

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 03:22:04 PM »
Some of the guys had issues with their fuel lines and old tanks breaking apart and gumming up the carbs. But all the filters you have that shouldn't be the problem.

I never run any stabil or additive and have been fine. Of course mine doesn't set for than 2 months.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 03:22:04 PM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 07:16:15 PM »
I had the boat out twice after "unwinterizing". Third time no go. Then I installed water seperating filter and replaced bulb and all fuel lines. Boat never sits. I swear I have just had bad luck this year. Maybe now I will be good for a few years!

The way I am about fuel one would think I would never have problems.
In 25 years I have overhauled the carbs on my bassboat 3-4 times. So I have had problems there also. Thank God they are so easy to overhaul! Even with arthritis  ;D

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 11:53:03 AM »
I just read the directions. Sounds like adding for winter is a good thing. I will definitely put in my bassboat for the winter. I start with new gas in jet every season!

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 11:53:03 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com