131 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: EPFR  (Read 320 times)  Share 

johnfries7 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
EPFR
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:47:42 PM »
I know some of you have posted on EPFR.  I havenít been able to get on the site for a while now. 

Is there a problem there?

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

EPFR
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:47:42 PM »

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Re: EPFR
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:57:01 PM »
I have not contacted anyone who moderates on the site but I did talk with Al Winco and our suspicion is that it has been taken down...it is over...kaput.
There have been less and less posts over the last year or so and some advertisers have pulled out.
If I hear anything different I will let you know.

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »
Thanks.  That is too bad as I got some good info from that site over the years.

Good thing I found this site when I did. 

Offline icemole

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 07:58:36 AM »
 There are many sites that are experiencing a drop in posters..... IDK if more people are going the F/B route or what. EPFR was a good site that still had some participation(far more than our "sister" site anyway) whether or not it paid the bills anymore who knows. Pity to lose all that info though.... :'(

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 07:58:36 AM »

Offline gone2long

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 10:21:58 AM »
Wow I find it hard to believe Matt would just kill it without any explanation I did pose the question over there a few weeks ago how no new member had joined in 2 years I find that hard to believe based on history of the site so maybe that's when the end began by not signing up new members? however if I remember correctly he moved a long time ago to the west coast so I guess keeping it up as long as he did was a good thing while it lasted. I have built a home lab with some pretty heavy duty computer equipment running 24/7 (Dell Poweredge R710 - R410) (28TB Server) was thinking of looking into hosting a site guess this makes the decision a bit easier just not there yet

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »
Wow I find it hard to believe Matt would just kill it without any explanation I did pose the question over there a few weeks ago how no new member had joined in 2 years I find that hard to believe based on history of the site so maybe that's when the end began by not signing up new members?

I guess everything has it's moment. I really enjoyed my time on EPFR but things and people change...I change...older guys seem to be fishing less... and I believe less people are fishing overall... younger guys are using social media to communicate what enjoyment they get from fishing.

As I get older I fish less and do most of my fishing and posting in colder weather.

This forum is not real active but the guys who post are decent people and the site is well monitored and well run. EPFR was also well monitored and well managed. Maybe if we get more fellows from EPFR there will be more activity here.

Welcome to fishermen from EPFR!!

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline gone2long

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 05:12:21 PM »
I guess everything has it's moment. I really enjoyed my time on EPFR but things and people change...I change...older guys seem to be fishing less... and I believe less people are fishing overall... younger guys are using social media to communicate what enjoyment they get from fishing.

As I get older I fish less and do most of my fishing and posting in colder weather.

This forum is not real active but the guys who post are decent people and the site is well monitored and well run. EPFR was also well monitored and well managed. Maybe if we get more fellows from EPFR there will be more activity here.

Welcome to fishermen from EPFR!!

Bill

Hey Doc yes and you were one of my favorites from a distant town on one our special waters I have spied you on many a forum and appreciate your magical wisdom I once had poked around your waters and what a special place they are. My health has played me a less than a perfect hand but I refuse to let go and yes long live Al Winco who is a wisdom of the EPFR as are many!

Offline icemole

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 10:30:32 AM »
 Pretty sure i replied to your last post over there.... A little advance warning would have been nice...There were several "conversations" I had with our former PFBC biologist that I would have liked to have saved, as well as that guy I was PM'img about "guiding" over at Blue Marsh

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 10:30:32 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com