151 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: low water bash!  (Read 285 times)  Share 

Offline troutman

• River Rat
low water bash!
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:46:52 AM »
I took a ride to the main stem yesterday with my kayak. Water was very low and gin clear so I know that I had to find some holes and do some finesse fishing. Using small rubber baits I found a good hole and had 50 bass with two nice ones 19 incher and a 18 1\2 incher the rest all nice fat fish from 14 to 17 inchers. Best I did in years number wise anyway. also lost many the fall feed is on.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

low water bash!
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:46:52 AM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Re: low water bash!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 10:56:36 AM »
I took a ride to the main stem yesterday with my kayak. Water was very low and gin clear so I know that I had to find some holes and do some finesse fishing. Using small rubber baits I found a good hole and had 50 bass with two nice ones 19 incher and a 18 1\2 incher the rest all nice fat fish from 14 to 17 inchers. Best I did in years number wise anyway. also lost many the fall feed is on.
Outstanding!!

Online zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »
Well done, but that is not the fall bite.  You found fish and got them to take finesse baits.  Current temps are 75 to 77.  They don't turn on until the water temps are at least in the low 60's.    When that happens they will be aggressively chasing just about anything.

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »
Well done, but that is not the fall bite.  You found fish and got them to take finesse baits.  Current temps are 75 to 77.  They don't turn on until the water temps are at least in the low 60's.    When that happens they will be aggressively chasing just about anything.

While I agree with that....this year the bass have been acting strange to the least.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »

Online zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 08:06:45 PM »
Donít take this the wrong way but you just need to find them. Of course that is easier said than done.

For about three or four weeks now I have been able to catch them consistently in one general area.  I would try other spots and maybe catch one or two. Go back to the good spot and start catching again.

I was out on Monday and never left the good spot   I did ok over the course of 6 hours.

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 08:27:24 AM »
Donít take this the wrong way but you just need to find them. Of course that is easier said than done.

For about three or four weeks now I have been able to catch them consistently in one general area.  I would try other spots and maybe catch one or two. Go back to the good spot and start catching again.

I was out on Monday and never left the good spot   I did ok over the course of 6 hours.

Perfect!! Exactly what I'm seeing on the Juniata.

Online zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »
When I think back on it I guess this pattern started when the river dropped below 3.8 at HBG.  Fish have been in or near deeper water with current.  Add some rock and grass and it helps but that is not entirely necessary.  Ledges in deep water without grass  have been holding fish.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com