123 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Anybody still fishing?  (Read 585 times)  Share 

Online Squid Flathead

• River Rat
Anybody still fishing?
« on: October 15, 2019, 12:27:06 PM »
Hi all.  I've been so happy with Susky fishing this season and also happy the weather is still pretty decent.  Is anyone else still fishing the heck out of the river? 

I'm getting a lot of channel cats these past few weeks.  The water came up a little and went back down... didn't seem to bother the channel cats at all.  I caught my 2 biggest this year in the past 2 weeks.

I'm fishing West Nanticoke and I am still seeing a lot of shore fishermen and boaters alike.  How are you guys doing?  Where are you fishing?  Cold weather is coming so let's get our fishing action in before we're stuck in the house... or ice fishing if we really get desperate, lol!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Anybody still fishing?
« on: October 15, 2019, 12:27:06 PM »

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Re: Anybody still fishing?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 10:04:37 AM »
Will be fishing until mid Dec. Water at Muddy Creek is 64 degrees

Online Squid Flathead

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »
64 degrees?  Sounds warm... is that near a warm water discharge?

Fishing into mid-December really sparks my interest!

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 05:05:36 PM »
https://safewaters.com/facility/9

At the dam discharge. Numbers usually match my sounder's readings. Only 53 degrees today. Cold rain and cold nights. Long level well in to december.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 05:05:36 PM »

Online Squid Flathead

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 08:15:08 PM »
That looks like a cool place to visit.  I'm 2 hrs 17 minutes away.  What do you mean by numbers match? 

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 06:25:00 AM »
That looks like a cool place to visit.  I'm 2 hrs 17 minutes away.  What do you mean by numbers match?
I get the same temp reading on finder as compared to website

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 05:24:35 PM »
I was out Sunday afternoon 10/20/19. Fishing sucked but the scenery was nice. Water temp in the Tunkhannock area was 50.5  Squid Flathead the river temps up our way on the north branch will be colder than in the far southern part of the state. It's warmer down there, north cold, south warm.
FM

Online Squid Flathead

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 01:04:43 PM »
Lol!  Roger that on the North/South stuff.

I fished Saturday 12-noon to 9 pm and Sunday 2 pm to 10 pm (19 and 20 October) and caught about a fish per hour, all channel cats.  Biggest was a 4-5 pounder... nothing really noteworthy.

And I was fortunate enough to have the day off and was able to fish yesterday, 24 October from 1:30 pm to 9 pm.  Again, caught about a fish per hour, all channel cats.  The biggest one might have been 2 pounds.

I didn't check the temp.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 01:04:43 PM »

Online Squid Flathead

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 10:04:12 AM »
Fishing from now until next season will be tough... temperatures will dive after today's heavy rain storm.  The river level is supposed to rise from 5.5 feet (at WB) to 15.2 by Sunday Nov 2nd.

My fishing pals and I hit it hard over the past 5 days with the "end" of the season (for us) approaching.  At times it seemed like the colder water temps made the bite a little slow... but we also had some mad rushes of channel cat action!

I imagine folks will be fishing for walleyes in November when the water level comes back down a bit.  Good luck to those folks!

We will take a road trip down to Harrisburg to fish this month or next.  And watch a lot of videos in anticipation of next season.  And a road trip to Cabela's and Bass Pro will be in order!  Planning on adding a whole lot of new gear for next season...

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 12:02:18 PM »
Muddy creek. I was out yesterday. Water was somewhat discolored. flow was significant. Not a great day 5 bass. Water temp 59. If it does not rain too much I will go out tonight. Despite the rain these dams handle it well up to a couple inches. The water was not muddy yesterday!

my log indicates 7-9 fish this time of the year. 4 hours max

Online Squid Flathead

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 12:12:15 PM »
If you are getting 7-9 smallies in 4 hours, I'd say the fishing is still good!  Good for you, man!

Unfortunately, the weather is decent here but the water is too high.  The river crested at 16 feet (WB) on Sunday... so it'll be a little too high to fish most places until this coming weekend.  And this coming weekend is supposed to be much colder.

So I've transitioned to youtube... I can watch Richard Gene the Fishing Machine and Steve Douglas and everybody that's got cool river fishing videos... all at around 72 degrees.  I'm going to have to settle for that for a while.  At some point, I'm going to come down to Phil's area for a day... maybe Nov 15th or 16th if the weather is nice.

Phil, are there ample shoreline fishing areas or strictly boating?

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 07:39:13 PM »
If you are getting 7-9 smallies in 4 hours, I'd say the fishing is still good!  Good for you, man!

Unfortunately, the weather is decent here but the water is too high.  The river crested at 16 feet (WB) on Sunday... so it'll be a little too high to fish most places until this coming weekend.  And this coming weekend is supposed to be much colder.

So I've transitioned to youtube... I can watch Richard Gene the Fishing Machine and Steve Douglas and everybody that's got cool river fishing videos... all at around 72 degrees.  I'm going to have to settle for that for a while.  At some point, I'm going to come down to Phil's area for a day... maybe Nov 15th or 16th if the weather is nice.

Phil, are there ample shoreline fishing areas or strictly boating?
Thanks. I think the water was 6' high at Sunbury on Thursday. Yikes! There is plenty of shore line right at Muddy Creek Access parking area.  There also is a park just north also accessible from that parking lot. (I cannot remember the name). I think there is one of the canal locks there. This is the York side. Conowingo gates have been open for 3 days.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 07:39:13 PM »

Online Squid Flathead

• River Rat
« Reply #12 on: Today at 08:25:12 AM »
This morning, lots of us woke up to snow.

But yesterday was 55 degrees and I hauled my gear down the muddy bank perhaps one last time for 2019.  Everybody knows what 5,6, 7# channel cats look like, so I didn't upload any pics.  But I had a heck of a day.  Arrived at the river at 11:15 am and I had a fat 25" channel cat on the line within 5 minutes.  Ended up getting 6 total by 2:30 pm, all 23-26" biggest was a fat guy, maybe 7 or 8 pounds... smallest maybe 4 or 4.5 pounds so all nice, quality fish.   Then the bite was dead from 2:30 until 6:00 when I decided to warm up and get some dinner.

What a fitting end to a fantastic year of fishing.  What luck we had such a nice day for Veterans Day!  And happy belated Veterans Day to everyone.

« Reply #12 on: Today at 08:25:12 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com